I watched enough of 60 minutes Sunday afternoon. A nice pant load, to borrow a phrase.
At the end Andy Rooney, the same guy that complains about telephone poles, suggested that the President have a state of the union style speech to admit that the entire Iraq policy was a mistake and we're pulling out immediately.
Thanks for the support there guys...CBS (call Bush stupid) had a story about the genocide in Darfur.. Nancy Pelosi and Leslie stahl were having a Bush bashing contest...and the lead story was about misappropriation of funds in Iraq.
Which one of these stories is "news", short for new story?
Every time the gov't spends a dollar there is theft and waste. The answer; get the gov't out of the spending business.
Black on Black violence? In Africa, no less? Say it aint so! Where's Jesse?
A politician bashing the president? The only president that has not been bashed was George Washington. A devout Christian that fought against revolutionary war benefits for veterans because he didn't want the new country to become a welfare state. Try that today and you'll only need 2 "for president" buttons. Mom will wear one...while she's moving her stuff out of your room.
You're right...I should've turned it off and I did switch quite frequently.
The press was all over the gov't in Germany until the Hitler took the reigns. Guess they didn't see that coming? Kinda like those guys with the swords, towels, and book of which they're sooo zealous to make you read.
One glaring omission from the show was an Idea! Just one idea with, say a paragraph of details. In case you haven't noticed ideas with details are woefully lacking in this election cycle. The media has hijacked the process into a rhetoric-athon. All style, no substance, all the time.
If you want a better world we'll have to pray, teach, and work for it. You can help by getting involved in the process. Most of yall have the boats down anyway with a little time you can fix the country!
I'll be glad when this election is completed, until then I'll be off the news channels again. I've got signs in my yard and have worked a few campaigns. I suggest you do the same or expect more of the same.