Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumbest things you've done and survived

jimslade
    1. Poured gas on a bonfire that I thought had gone out.(wet wood) didn't know I could run that fast.(30 years old)
    2. Drove my snowmobile over a pond.(summer) The drop to the water was alot lower than I thought.(boing) (41 years old)
    3. Drove my snowmobile over the same pond to the island(summer) this time on the level side. Made it to the island this time. The island was only 50 ft. long. Could't get enough speed up to get back. Sunk 10 ft from land. (42 years old)
    4. Played chicken with a small speed boat. Left a large hole in the side of mine. Drove fast to shore,kept the hole above the water.Beached the boat never sunk.Many hours of repair later,sold boat.(18 years old)
    5. Drove a snowmobile(fast) without a helmut.caught a buried fence and did the best superman impression ever. (19 years old)
    6.Worst ever. Started to renovate a 40 year old house that was never built with any permits.NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!(I'm now tearing it down and building new)

OCMerrill
    Married my first wife....
    I made one of those mistakes as well.

a catered life
    I registered at ***boat.com. (what was I thinking and why am I still alive?)
    you beat me i came back in here to post this

deltaAce
    Me & a friend wanted to make a UFO. We rounded up a bunch of helium ballons from the car dealer lots & then attached a long thin wire w/ gas soaked rags hanging down 8'. We payed out a couple rolls of kite string & admired our "fire in the sky". We flew it over I-680 freeway from the park & nearly caused an accident.
    We tried it again from our house & while paying it out it droped down onto a neighbors truck as he was rounding the corner home. It attached to his door mirror & he was franticly swatting at it while while weaving the road & almost crashed. We ran but the string led right to our driveway. :rollside:

Zaairman
    Growing up, my younger brother was always my tester, so he spent many hours in the ER, while I was at home in time out. I think I won. He lost 2 - 3 front teeth, got a screwdriver in the back of his head, and many cuts and bruises.
    Most recently it was trying to start a bonfire where the wood was wet by using gasoline.
    Oh, and I almost bought a Dodge.

ANXIETY ATTACK
    out at catalina decided to move boat to another spot, left milk crate on bow ( 300 ft rope with 20 ft 5/16 chain and 15 lb anchor ), at around 50 mph, a small section of rope touched the water and in 3 sec. pulled out all the chain going zearp and then the anchor goes ziping by my friends head at 50 mph. scared the shioot out of us.

Huckleberry
    Married my ex-wife! :crossx: :2purples: :hammerhea

Back Forty
    I was at a friends place in San Leandro. He was preparing to leave for corona and I had to get back up north out towards bodega bay. I was there with no car. He had a 61 dodge and an '94 sportster. He needed the car so I took the cycle. I had never been on a motorcycle and had no concept of counter steering... I go to the entrance ramp for the 880 and started rolling the throttle up. Wow. I still can't believe I made it. I tried to "steer" and instead of following the curve of the ramp I popped right out onto the highway. I never looked at this point. I didn't have a choice anymore. I just dug around for first, pointed it in the correct direction and gave it hell. No accidents and I was still alive. This was probably about 3-4 in the afternoon and there was plenty of traffic. I spent the next hour or so doing 70 or so white knuckled and happy to be alive but still leaning to get left or right. I made it all of the way out past petaluma without figuring out the steering thing. A friend slapped me on the back of the head the next day and gave me the run down about counter steering. I had a great labor day weekend after that doing a nice slow cruise down the coast through the twisties. I guess I learned but how Fn stupid of me. :yuk:

ratso
    got married because the sex was awesome :cry:
    I always thought that was the only reason for getting married... :idea:

Jbb
    .....No comment...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast