Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Dumbest things you've done and survived

79Challenger
    When I was 5 or 6, my brother and I found a bag of bullets in the garage. My dad had brought them back from WWII. I found out later they were 30.06 shells.
    For some reason, we thought if we broke them open, we could get a nice pile of gunpowder to make a flare.
    My mom caught us, wacking the bullets with a hammer, and we had a pile of gun powder about 3 inches high.....we are lucky none of the bullets went off, I think we had busted open 20 or 30 of them.....stupid!!!!!
    We got a good spanking and she called the police to take away the bag of 2000 or 3000 30.06 shells....my dad was pissed!!!
    I have got one similar.... I was 7 or 8 and my dad took me shooting. I found live .22 in the dirt and my pop threw it in the bushes. So naturally when I found more of them I did let him know. fast forward 24 hours; A sunday afternoon, after showing off the rounds in Sunday school I took them home. I am not sure where I got the idea, but I ended up in the backyard sittting indian style whacking the hell out of one of the rounds with my aluminum baseball bat. It went something like this this... *tink*tink* BANG! I jump up and start yelling hello, hello as my mom comes running out of the house.
    I end up at the ER getting the powder scrubbed out of the insides of my thighs and calves with well a scrub brush and iodine. A potion of the shell went into the bottom of my foot and required 5 or 6 stitches.
    A week later I found the lead laying on the patio, I was shaking so bad when I picked it up I almost couldn't throw it into the nieghbors yard.

79Challenger
    Here is another. This one wasn't too long after the .22 incident.
    I find a smelling salt and rip the packaging open to reveal a glass vial with some pinkish liquid in it (ammonia!). I am not sure why but I put the vial in my mouth as I adjusted the micro machines (toy cars) along the track I had set up; where else, but in the sandy bottom of a terrerium in my room that was currently housing a tarantula.
    The spider comes running out of the burrow freaks me out and I bite down. I race to the bathroom and immediatly rinse my mouth with water. When I spit out comes water and something white. Looking in the mirrior with my mouth open I literally peel the skin/tasebuds off of my tounge.
    in the hospital. End up with some numbing gel for my mouth barley eating and not speaking for a couple weeks.

Norseman
    In high school I went to a party at a buddies. His parents were out of town and we decided it was party time. I managed to score 6 cases of beer prior to the party and stuck it iced down in coolers into the trunk of my 62 Chevy. Huge trunk lots of room, well Tony didn't want any bottles laying around so we figured we'd have everyone throw the empties back in the trunk.
    Good idea, right
    Got stopped by the cops about 3 days later and it seemed I'd forgotten to empty out the trunk. car smelt like the Budwiser brewery and must have had 150 empties clanking around in the trunk.
    Took me the better part of 2 hours to talk the cop out of locking my ass up. He had me walking forward and backwards, touching my nose with my finger and every other subriety check he could think of. Finally called the desk Sargent who was a family friend, and he told them to cut me loose.
    Of course it did happen to come up in conversation with my father that weekend. Needless to say he was not happy and neither was I.

seanv
    Got on a bull named Airtime because they wanted to buck him and nobody would get on him. I had ridden him twice already and figured he would be fun to get on again.
    He was really nervous in the chutes and wouldn't stay still so I called my gate with him leaning on my left leg.
    He blew up right in my face and started spinning inside the chute without leaving it!!!!
    I stuck it to him for about 2 and a half rounds and got rocked outside of him. When I tried to make a move to get back on top of him, he turned on the gas and I hit my shoulder on the chute. This ripped me off the top of him.
    Over???
    No,
    I hung up to him and couldn't get free. He dragged me underneath him and stepped all over me. When my rope popped free, I lifted my head and BOOM!!! He planted one of his hooves right in the middle of my face breaking my nose in 4 spots and cracking a cheak bone.
    I ended up with a shoulder with all of the skin missing from it. You could see how the human shoulder worked if I showed you. I also ended up getting sinus surgery with a little rhynoplasty (sp?) as well.
    It was magical...
    I look back on my rodeo days and have no idea how I did it.
    LOL! i cant even begin to count the horses i got on that rocked my world. valentines day yuma rodeo, bronc's name was one spot and she broke my jaw.
    8 weeks later cave creek az buckskin run 2 jumped over the swells and that was a broken wrist. window rock during cowboy christmas billy etbauer sits me down on one spot and told me to get ready for this horse to run to the middle of the arena and blow big time. well, he did just that and the last jump he thru me...broken hip...
    great life experiance and life long friends made doing this but, DAMN it was hard on the bod.

Norseman
    One of the dumbest things I ever saw was a guy putting 2X4 into his car. He had them sticking out the passenger side window. Well I guess they stuck out a little further than he thought because when he pulled out of the parking lot he caught a street sign with the end of the boards. Took the side windows out and bent the post on the drivers side. The driver got lucky and fell over on the seat and they missed his head.

Norseman
    Driving into Newark Airport one afternoon and about three cars up I see a guy try to dart onto one of the exit ramps, the ramp goes off on an angle.
    Seems he ended up with one tire one each side of the curb, and as the angle grew further apart it bent the wheels out sideways. Lots of sparks and screetching of metal too!!

Some Kind Of Monster
    I have an unhealthy obsession with fire/speed/and noise. I throw a hell of a party though. You can see me standing in front of the fire!
    During my spare time I enjoy making explosives to test in the desert (not to hurt anyone but myself of course). My favorite is a dish washer sealed shut with an oxy/acetelyne mixture with a brake fluid/chlorine fuse. Sucker will blow a 5ft hole in the earth.
    Not smart, but sure is fun!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...83DSC04566.JPG

79Challenger
    Okay last one. This one was in junior high school. I was very into things that go Boom. Not sure how, ut my science teacher told mt buddy and I how to make a contact expolsive out of iodine crystals and... damn I don't remember what. It was a liquid though, I want to say it was ammonia. Mixing the crystals with the mystery liquid then starining them and leaving them to dry created a contact explosive which my teacher made in class. This little bit (the size of a dime) was enough to ruin the eraser of the pencil he tapped it with.
    I aquire some of the mystery liquide and steal some crystal from teach. I make about eight ounces of the stuff letting it dry overnight (the dryer the more volitile). Pouring my new explosive off of the paper plate it had been drying on in my closet I notice it isn't level in the drinking glass it was being poured into. So while looking over the top of it I start tapping on the side of the glass. Another *tink*tink*BANG. Right in my face!
    I run to the bathroom to rinse my eyes and my mom come running. When the iodine on my face got wet it turned blood red and my mom freaked out! She thinks I blew my head off. Meanwhile my only injury was I couldn't see. just a grey haze and some shapes.
    Now I am in the ER and I have what looks like plungers placed under my eyekids over my eyeballs and have saleen run over them for 30 minutes. Then at the Pacific Eye Institue, the nurse (a male nurse!?), tell me he was an explosives expert in the Army for 13 years and they used the same stuff as an alert for approaching foot traffic! Patches on and cream in my eyes for a week; Good as new.

Her454
    I have an unhealthy obsession with fire/speed/and noise. I throw a hell of a party though. You can see me standing in front of the fire!
    During my spare time I enjoy making explosives to test in the desert (not to hurt anyone but myself of course). My favorite is a dish washer sealed shut with an oxy/acetelyne mixture with a brake fluid/chlorine fuse. Sucker will blow a 5ft hole in the earth.
    Not smart, but sure is fun!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...83DSC04566.JPG
    You and I would be dangerous together. I have the same sick obsessions LOL.

Cas
    some pretty hilarious stuff here!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast