Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump Questions?

DelawareDave
    Is a Berk JG bowl really any better than a JC bowl, other than for the fact that the steering nozzle unbolts? I realize that wedges and droops, and all that other stuff are made for the split bowl, but really- is there a performance difference between the two, in stock form?
    The reason for asking: I just picked up some parts to replace some damaged ones ( Pump (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129563) ) in this thread. I got a JG suction housing, a complete JG bolt on steering nozzle assembly, and a JC steering nozzle assembly. Both have reverse buckets. At this point, I have a good JC bowl, but could also get a JG bowl, if I wanted to.
    The point is, should I spend for the JG bowl, to run stock, or just use the JC bowl I have? I don't see a massive horsepower increase in the future, just a stock 455 Olds. I don't plan on looking for 100MPH, or anything like that. I just want to get out there and have some fun.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I have heard that the "C" bowl is better because of the vanes being longer. If your just cruising the lake then I wouldnt worry about the split bowl. Use the extra $$ tward something else

watergun4u
    if you are just using your boat for family fun,and to just cruise around the lakes, then you have no need to spend the money on a split bowl, if you want to get alittle more out of the boat later on, you can get a diverter noosle for the c bowl, and that will trim the boat out alittle more thus getting more air under the boat for more lift and speed aswell as better punch out of the hole, in my experence, the 455 olds motor is not the best boat motor, the dont have the torqe really needed for a boat, and they dont hold up to the load put on the motor , they are not a motor you want to spin at a very high rpm, but good luck with it and have fun,,,,

bakerjet
    a 455 has plenty of torque but dont spin it fast.

SmokinLowriderSS
    a 455 has plenty of torque but dont spin it fast.
    Yep, just don't spin it very fast ,,,, FOR VERY LONG (in factory trim).

I have heard that the "C" bowl is better because of the vanes being longer. If your just cruising the lake then I wouldnt worry about the split bowl. Use the extra $$ tward something else
    I hurd the same back when a post about HBJets bowl came up. I also had a JC bowl but had jack over at MPD convert it. Not sure if i really needed to go that route with my setup, not like i'm going for a full blown race setup but hey, i was going to convert to JG anyway, might as well just convert it.
    Bofore...
    http://reitanfamily.com/gallery/d/6341-2/IM000963.jpg
    After
    http://reitanfamily.com/gallery/d/8405-2/DSCF2820.JPG

IMPATIENT 1
    i have tried it both ways on the taylor i had(lake v-hull) and my boat actually lost holeshot by switching to the split-bowl and droop. we tried different wedges, ride plate angles but never could recover what was lost, i put the 1-piece bowl back on and got it rite back. the split/droop set-up did make it plane faster but lasked the "push" i wanted at @30ft outta the hole.remember this was on a taylor sj, your boat may react better to it, my sj didn't like it.
    here's a vid of me(white and blue boat) racin the same hull(sj vs. sj) but the white boat has a split bowl,inducer and droop, he gets on plane faster but my boat takes a better "set" faster.
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...visracempg.flv

Chopper
    I hurd the same back when a post about HBJets bowl came up. I also had a JC bowl but had jack over at MPD convert it. Not sure if i really needed to go that route with my setup, not like i'm going for a full blown race setup LOL
    Thats some funny chit.......................................... MPD TOOK YOUR $ MONEY $
    I have been told that unless you have a motor with over 600 HP.You just want a non split bowl.

LOL
    Thats some funny chit.......................................... MPD TOOK YOUR $ MONEY $
    I have been told that unless you have a motor with over 600 HP.You just want a non split bowl.
    I guess you are the new ChetCapoli of the boards eh? if i would have had arsmarine do the work you would have been posting how great it is... Funny how 75% of your posts so far are promoting ARSMarine...
    Oh btw, my pump kits from Duane at HTP, sure you want to talk some crap on that too right?....

Chopper
    shaun not talkin crap about about any one. funny how you guys are like queers and steers. You are funny. Thats all. If I wanted to talk crap Id be all over you wimps like kronic.Now bite your burger and go drink your coffee latte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast