Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions / opinions

MsDrmr
    My 13yr old son really wants an ipod nano for x-mas. I don't know too much about electronics. He really loves music has never really asked for game systems or large ticket items so I think he just may be able to have this for x-mas. however, I don't really know whats the best to go for, it a nano the best to get, easy to use, what would yal suggest?

wsuwrhr
    Sell your palm tree first.
    We are still waiting for pictures BTW.
    I'm not really a technophile, so I can't really help much.
    Brian
    My 13yr old son really wants an ipod nano for x-mas. I don't know too much about electronics. He really loves music has never really asked for game systems or large ticket items so I think he just may be able to have this for x-mas. however, I don't really know whats the best to go for, it a nano the best to get, easy to use, what would yal suggest?

MsDrmr
    Sell your palm tree first.
    We are still waiting for pictures BTW.
    I'm not really a technophile, so I can't really help much.
    Brian
    Well, bring over your digital camera and help me.....I'm technically challenged :idea:
    Truth is I am going to pick up a camera from my folks this evening take a pic and TRY to post it tomorrow (wish me luck).
    But since I know your willing to help Brian, I will call if I need ya! Thanx

wsuwrhr
    Well, bring over your digital camera and help me.....I'm technically challenged :idea:
    Truth is I am going to pick up a camera from my folks this evening take a pic and TRY to post it tomorrow (wish me luck).
    But since I know your willing to help Brian, I will call if I need ya! Thanx
    It's easy to post pictures.
    Next time I travel out to Ontario, I'll give you a call.
    Brian

MsDrmr
    It's easy to post pictures.
    Next time I travel out to Ontario, I'll give you a call.
    Brian
    as well you should

NOTALENT
    Ipod is definatley the way to go. They support many formats and are leading the industry in MP3 players. They offer 3 different sizes of the Nano. The 2, 4, and 8 GB. They hold 500, 1000 or 2000 songs depending on the one you pick. They are compact and good for running or just to hold and listen to. Good choice.

MsDrmr
    are they user friendly? I would go with the smaller one as he does not need more than 500 songs but thats still quite a bit.

BadKachina
    My kid has had a couple of i-pods. This latest one has video and picture capability. You can also record movies on it or tv shows that you missed during the week and watch them later. I swear you will never see him without it. Your son will absolutely love it. The nano has less memory and capabilities, I would get at least the 30g i-pod. As for price, Costco is about the best you're going to find.

lalhc
    ipods are very user friendly. My son has been using his for a couple of years and 500 songs is not very much. My 12 year old has close to 1000 songs on his.

Bradman
    are they user friendly? I would go with the smaller one as he does not need more than 500 songs but thats still quite a bit.
    Yes, it very user friendly. When and if you get him his ipod, you get a program call itunes that you install on your computer. It's a program/website where you can download music for .99 cents per song or buy the whole CD at a discounted rate. You can also use itunes as a music Library. You can upload all of your CD's into itunes and then download them onto his ipod. The ipod nano seems to be the choice for kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast