Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first flat!

superdave013
    I have this pic on my wall at work.
    I bought this boat when I was 22 years old. Was a fun fun boat. I drove it to it's death for sure. I blew the bottom out of it a few times. The second time I did it was the last straw. She got parted out at that point.
    The pink slip said special construction and I have no idea who really made it. It had 5/8 runners.
    Oh, that ws a rare shot of me with short hair back then.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/my_old_flat.JPG[/img]

GofastRacer
    This is my first, a lot of fun and big learning experience!!......

superdave013
    LOL, looks like we drove about the same back then.

Johnwithjm
    SD013 looks like the rear stack is alittle bent

superdave013
    Johnwithjm:
    SD013 looks like the rear stack is alittle bentNope, was not bent. Just the engine was angled the correct direction. V-Drive style!

GofastRacer
    superdave013:
    LOL, looks like we drove about the same back then.Yep, did some stupid shit back then, learned quick though!!..LOL....

WILDERTHANU54
    I REALLY WISH I WAS AROUND IN THOSE DAYS. MY DAD GOT HIS FIRST HALLET AT 24. HE HAS BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE. WORD HAS IT THAT HE OWNED THE PARKER STRIP LATE 60'S ERARLY 70'S BEFORE BUDDY GENE PALMER STARTED THE FAMILY DRAGS THEN POPS WENT ON WITH N.J.B.A.. THESE DAYS IT SUCKS FOR BOATS LIKE MINE ON THE STRIP, I'M A RARE SIGHT AT MY AGE OUT THERE!!!
    GEOFF
    [ September 27, 2002, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

69 Elim
    SD - that pic reminds me of my first flat. I was 20 and co-owned it with my 17 year old brother. 65 Hallett long deck with a strong sbc 350 and a hallcraft v-drive. paid $2700 for it. we drove the sh*t out of it. It got more hours on it than all of my other boats combined. It was a love/hate thing. loved the way it drove, excellerated. hated the fact it was only a 2 seater, although we usually had 3 on it so we could ski. the deck was seperating from the hull and we didn't have any $ to fix it, so wood screws and 2 ton epoxy to the rescue. Then we blew the motor. so we stripped it of everything and sold it as a bare hull and trailer for $700 (I think we got the better deal). Been hooked on flats since...

GofastRacer
    Yeah, those were the days alright, could haul ass anytime on the weekends!!..I wouldn't say you were a rare sight though!....

[ September 28, 2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

Monkey Bung
    SD, That boat looks like my old one.'72 Hondo 5/8 runner.Cool boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast