Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Pic. for Jetgu

boat030
    Thought you might like this:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/869030Hondo-med.JPG[/img]

Thanks for the pic Mike.
    Lets take a closer look at it.
    Now it is no mystery that you are the "doink king," but it looks to me that you are on the serious up side of a classic doink. While in the other lane, a "newbie" is out on you and driving it like he stole it. Never mind the red light, he is on it and out for your blood. He got unlucky and cut a .004 red to your abysmal .3 something. he then did an excellent job of fender racing and whooping your butt. (Never mind the red light again). Anyways, in all seriousness, you did a great job. Whitey and you are going to have a down to the wire points battle. Good luck!!!
    Jetgu

boat030
    Now don't get defensive your guy caught a red light no big deal, now it does look to me like he's on a stroll through the park not driving it like he stole it.

Mikey,
    I will go out on a limb here and say that the Big Red is the most impressive boat out there. It is hard to believe that a boat that old and heavy is as quick as it is. My motor is toast, it needs a new block and pistons but I am gathering stuff up and will be running it in the 8.50 class at the end of the year to have one last shot at you. You have foiled all of my attempts to win in the 8.50. Now it is personal.

Blown 472
    Going for some big ol hp now?? and a heavy boat kicking ass?? how does that work?

WILDERTHANU54
    I LOVE WATCHING "BIG RED",THAT BOAT KICKS ASS FOR AN OLD STRAIGHT DECK....YOU SHOULD TAKE THAT THING TO LOST LAKE, IT'S A TOTAL SLEEPER.
    P.S. TONY!!!!WHATS UP BROTHA, LETS PARTY..
    [ July 23, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

boat030
    Thanks, it's a blast to drive. Tony's right that i am the "doink king" in it but that thing is not as easy to get off the line as a newer style boat, oh well it's still fun to be a part of something nostalgic like that running that good.

77charger
    hey mike it was nice to finally meet you this weekend up there.Your boat runs good and is in very good shape.
    BTW thanks for the beer for the trophy presentations

565edge
    Hey mike,rosland said you guys re-propped and are running better now?If my jetaway ever gets here i might see you guys at the next njba race?I just gotta con rosland into helping me tune my motor at the drags?I thinb that hondo has a similar motor to mine.

boat030
    77 charger it was good meeting you also, congrats on the win!! I just want to clear up for everyone I don't own that boat i just drive it belongs to a friend of mine Don Hammer, and he has owned it since 1974 and he actually used it as his lake boat for quite a while, which makes it even more amazing as to how clean it is. 565 I hope to see you at the races if you bring Danny with you to tune your boat you will be in good shape, I owe most of my trophies to his tune ups. We did put a different prop on the boat a couple of races ago that helped the boat run alot better but both Don and I think that the boat has more in it and we hope to run it in the 8.0 bracket next year, we have even been kicking around taking it too an IHBA race next year to run in the Pro Eliminator class, I think that would catch some people off gaurd to see that boat run an 8.00 jawdrop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast