Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some more performance.

LakesOnly
    The Victor 460 (# 2966) with the 4150 series carb pad (for your Holley) is cast with passenger car size ports, which is the same port size as D3VE and D0VE heads.
    On some of the ports, the actual port alignment is not dead-on with these heads because the Victor 460 intake port runners are on Cobra Jet port centers (but not the CJ port sizes). This does not affect the performance of this intake when bolted to your heads.
    Therefore,the ports are not bigger as you were told but are indeed the passenger car port size. So, go ahead and buy one today as you stated.
    LO

Dominator Scott
    The Victor 460 (# 2966) with the 4150 series carb pad (for your Holley) is cast with passenger car size ports, which is the same port size as D3VE and D0VE heads.
    On some of the ports, the actual port alignment is not dead-on with these heads because the Victor 460 intake port runners are on Cobra Jet port centers (but not the CJ port sizes). This does not affect the performance of this intake when bolted to your heads.
    Therefore,the ports are not bigger as you were told but are indeed the passenger car port size. So, go ahead and buy one today as you stated.
    LO
    Is the #2966 the actual part # from Edelbrock on the Victor intake? If so I will call my local speed shop.

Duane HTP
    Squitrcha, Were you making your assements by SOP, or were you on a dyno?
    We have ran many of them on the dyno, and by checking each individual cylinder with the innovators we find it makes the cylinders all run a whole lot closer together.
    When hooking up one sensor to each bank on the headers, they can show that your fuel mixture is just right. However, when you use the individual read out, you find that you were only getting the average when hooked bank by bank. The fuel showed just right on the header hook up, but when doing it individually, we found some very rich cylinders, and some scarey lean cylinders. The Super Sucker has made a BIG difference on getting the cylinder graphs to interpulate right on the same line. This is where my suggestion comes from to use them.

LakesOnly
    Is the #2966 the actual part # from Edelbrock on the Victor intake?Yes, that's the one. PM'd you a deal on a brand new one...
    LO

Dominator Scott
    Yes, that's the one. PM'd you a deal on a brand new one...
    LO
    PM'd you back buddy.

Squitrcha, Were you making your assements by SOP, or were you on a dyno?
    Dyno? Heck no! I'm not that sophisticated. I use a gps for my changes.
    Remember..........I'm a backyard hack. I just use whatever means I have at my disposal. Is this the best way? I'm sure not. Its the only way I have though.
    The closest I've ever come to a dyno was seeing a picture of one in
    a magazine once.
    Once again I probably should've quantified my response.
    Here's a disclaimer that we can refer back to anytime I post something
    here.
    My responses on this board are merely my own experiences with different
    things through the years. Certainly not intended to be presented as the
    end all, be all, answers to anything. I'm just doing what I've always done. Tossing information out there in hopes that someone else can avoid some of the many pitfalls I've found myself in. Take it for what it's worth.
    In fact I think I'll make that part of my new signature.
    Sincerely Dan (aka Squirtcha?)

Chopper
    I second that.
    Some people just like to argue.
    I cant remember how many times I have just turned the computer off because of what someone says about my comment.
    My responses on this board are merely my own experiences with different
    things through the years. Certainly not intended to be presented as the
    end all, be all, answers to anything. I'm just tossing information out there
    in hopes that someone else can avoid some of the many pitfalls I've found
    myself in. Take it for what it's worth.
    Let's boat!

I second that.
    Some people just like to argue.
    I cant remember how many times I have just turned the computer off because of what someone says about my comment.
    It probably came off like I was sore. Actually it was intended as a little tongue in cheek humor. Duane (and most everybody else here) knows I'm a backyard hack.
    Over the years I've posted up step by steps of just about everything I've ever done. In the photos you can always see my house/garage in the back ground proving that I'm the hack I say I am. I've screwed up more shit than most people have even thought of. Not being self-deprecating. Just speaking the truth. I always post up everything, even if it's a disaster. However, I also do 98% of my own work. No boat shop has touched my ride in the past 5 years. I'm too cheap to pay em all that money and I enjoy doing it myself.
    I assume that it was just his way of saying that I hadn't explored all the avenues of spacers and Edelbrock Torker manifolds. Which would be true incidently.

Duane HTP
    Yes, I knew you were just having fun.
    I'm not saying what is the end deal either. That is just the information we have found playing on the dyno. My good friend has a dyno that he lets me run any time I want for my own use. It's quite handy for a learning tool. And, I have a lot of learning to do yet. No ofense taken. Take care!

FILUCKY
    Go with the Victor manifold first, then you can fine tune your setup later with spacers ect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast