Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some more performance.

OverKill
    Dan that is very touching, maybe we should let everybody know our little secret. WILSON MANIFOLDS, if you want the best there it is. It's very pricey but well worth it. Spend the money and gain the performance, by all means do your research.

An upgrade in ignition to a good electronic unit, such as an MSD, will give you a few more ponies as well. Just a thought...Sleek

Dominator Scott
    An upgrade in ignition to a good electronic unit, such as an MSD, will give you a few more ponies as well. Just a thought...Sleek
    I will be sticking with the existing ignition system for now. I am way over budget on this project and pretty tired of throwing $$$$ at this thing to be honest. The only reason I have kept going is because it is for my dad.
    If I decide to go with an intake that will probably be the end of the road and I will call it finished.

WILSON MANIFOLDS, if you want the best there it is. It's very pricey but well worth it. Spend the money and gain the performance,
    I'll have to be blunt here. IMO Putting a Wilson spacer on top of that Torker I manifold would be like sitting a diamond on top of a turd.
    Once again it's just an opinion.
    The Torker II was a lot better but still no great shakes. There are a number of reasonably priced intakes out there that would probably work much better on that BBF.

Dominator Scott
    I'll have to be blunt here. IMO Putting a Wilson spacer on top of that Torker I manifold would be like sitting a diamond on top of a turd.
    Once again it's just an opinion.
    The Torker II was a lot better but still no great shakes. There are a number of reasonably priced intakes out there that would work much better on that BBF.
    If it was my boat it would have a big block Chevy and be done with it. Easier to come across parts and cheaper too. I mean it took me 2 months to find a set of Ford headers for the damn thing and I can't count how many Chevy headers I came across in those 2 months.
    With a Chevy motor I wouldn't of even started this thread. Big block Chevy intake? Easy solution DART and be done with it. :rollside:

Placecraft Dragstar
    I second that.
    Some people just like to argue.
    I cant remember how many times I have just turned the computer off because of what someone says about my comment.
    My responses on this board are merely my own experiences with different
    things through the years. Certainly not intended to be presented as the
    end all, be all, answers to anything. I'm just tossing information out there
    in hopes that someone else can avoid some of the many pitfalls I've found
    myself in. Take it for what it's worth.
    Let's boat!
    I second that to chopper could not of said it better!!!
    NICE BIKE MAN!!!!! :crossx:

If it was my boat it would have a big block Chevy and be done with it. Easier to come across parts and cheaper too. I mean it took me 2 months to find a set of Ford headers for the damn thing and I can't count how many Chevy headers I came across in those 2 months.
    Some of it's just luck and timing too. I've sold three sets of used BBF headers in the past few years.
    My apologies about the intake thing. Like I said earlier in this fray, I was running a Torker I, then bought a better intake for my near stock BBF. I didn't gain anything by just switching the intake so in all likelihood your dad's wouldn't gain much if anything either.
    He's gonna love the new boat and that's all that counts anyway.

DAMN Scott! Your not gonna leave your dad anything to tinker with . If your gonna make it that turn key , you should ahve just bought him some 40'+ colorfull gay-liner.
    J/K I't's nice to see someone do something nice for someone else for a change. What would be real funny is if your pops yanked the ford and dropped a chavy in it upon deleivery.:crossx:
    -beerjet-

OverKill
    That wouldn't be funny just the right thing.

I wasn't tryin to go there ......
    but I'll follow .
    -beerjet-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast