Thread: Matt Lauer Sucks

28Prowler525
    I posted this in the Sandbar, then realized this may be a better spot.
    So this morning I turn on the TV a few minuted into the Today Show. I would never watch this show, but since the TV was turned off last night while it was on NBC, I have the ability to rewind Tivo and watch the news from the start. So I left it on the Today Show and rewound it so I could see the headlines. Anyway the top story is how our top commander in Iraq has stated that we should be able to pull a majority of troops out in the next 12 - 18 months.
    So after a commercial break Matt Lauer comes on to talk about the top story and he says something to the effect of... I guess there is an announcement from our Iraq commander, and with the elections just around the corner it seems that the Republicans are making a last minute attempt to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
    Can't this ****er just report the news? The last thing I want to hear is this pinhead regurgitating what he and Katie Couric lament over during there afternoon tea parties. One would think that Lauer, after 3-4 years of bitching that we need to get our kids home and blaming the administration for ALL of the worlds problems, would say something like... we have some news coming from our commander in Iraq, it seems like we will be bringing home many of our soldiers in the next 12-18 months. This is great news coming from Washington............
    The biggest problem I have is that there are millions of people in this country that don't have the wherewithal to think for themselves and become easily swayed. Sometimes I just want to scream "**** you, you talking heads and quit ****ing with the uneducated people of this Country, and the World for that matter, and quit taking advantage of these people. They are people not lemmings, and if you truly want this country to be free then stay out of their ****ing heads".
    I don't give a shit if they are trying to sway people to the left or right, it simply has no place in our media.

centerhill condor
    if they are trying to sway people to the left or right, it simply has no place in our media.
    NBC...nothin' but commies! and katie...come on.
    we stopped watching the old national news morning and night about a year ago maybe longer and life is sooo much better. Tivo speedvision and enjoy life!

28Prowler525
    NBC...nothin' but commies! and katie...come on.
    we stopped watching the old national news morning and night about a year ago maybe longer and life is sooo much better. Tivo speedvision and enjoy life!
    Yeah, no shit.

gochappy
    well here is the way I see it....to start with trying to call the today show news was the first error...this is just an entertainment show that must fill anything they say with colorful adjectives to entertain the stay at home moms who are the majority of their viewers.....secondly to expect an unbiased untwisted article from any news media, especially heading into an election is a mistake in itself......I think where the real problem rest firmly on your wrong assumption that they could report an accurate story without putting a spin on it.....It happens every time and you expected better from them.....it won't happen......the media has always been controlled by the liberal democrats and always will.....on another note, its kind of almost peaceful around here without the dogfight going on while those two are on suspension

SmokinLowriderSS
    No, you are mistaken. Some of them ARE lemmings.
    2 more reasons I so rarely watch TV "news".

deltaAce
    You would think that the people who listen to & believe the Tv news casts
    are not very intelligent or maybe of average intelligence, but it really stumps me to hear affluent, highly intelligent people, converse their oppinions of important
    issues by parroting what they hear from TV news shows. Even all their multi-million dollar business savy is not transferable to political sense.

centerhill condor
    .....on another note, its kind of almost peaceful around here without the dogfight going on while those two are on suspension
    I like it

gochappy
    You would think that the people who listen to & believe the Tv news casts
    are not very intelligent or maybe of average intelligence, but it really stumps me to hear affluent, highly intelligent people, converse their oppinions of important
    issues by parroting what they hear from TV news shows. Even all their multi-million dollar business savy is not transferable to political sense.
    isn't it amazing to hear them speak of something referring to it as what some media professional said therefore it must be a fact. amazingly similar to the way a gossip magazine can say it as long as they have a source...doesn't matter if the source is accuarate or not