Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K- Class Records ?

1Bahnerjet
    Does anyone know if this is up to Date, the last Record set in 11/26/77 ??? After 26yrs no one has Broke Record? eek!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43SpeedRecords-med.jpg[/img]
    -----
    Thats BANNER with an H

boatguy222
    that was current untill the 90's Gorden Jenning jr went 146 in Samma Thompsom's K-69 Freedom.

1Bahnerjet
    boatguy222:
    that was current untill the 90's Gorden Jenning jr went 146 in Samma Thompsom's K-69 Freedom. So, Gordon Jenning jr. Hold's the Straightaway Speed Record for K Racing Runabouts at 146mph.?
    sometime in the 90's? Was it Offical and Documented? I'm wondering why the record's above sez updated 2002?
    --------
    Thats BANNER with an H
    [ September 14, 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    1Bahnerjet:
    boatguy222:
    that was current untill the 90's Gorden Jenning jr went 146 in Samma Thompsom's K-69 Freedom. So, Gordon Jenning jr. Hold's the Straightaway Speed Record for K Racing Runabouts at 146mph.?
    sometime in the 90's? Was it Offical and Documented? I'm wondering why the record's above sez updated 2002?
    --------
    Thats BANNER with an H As you can see on your list, that last record set by George woods jr. was in a Hondo. I believe in 89, Richard Thompson built 3 boats. One for the Kilo record (a Hondo) and 2 more to race ss and k with (these were Revenge hulls). The ss boat was named "Stars and Stripes", the k "Freedom". Gordon Jennings was to drive Richards boats so they were painted in memory and honour of, Gordy's fathers K-69 Liberty. As you can see on your sheet Gordy's father was a past record holder.
    The record runs that gave Gordy the 146 record were in the Revenge hull, one of the two passes was over 150. I think that was in 91'. This speed record is currently listed in the A.P.B.A. record/rule book. Jerry
    [ September 14, 2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: V-DRIVE VIDEO ]

1Bahnerjet
    I like Info, are these record runs usually set on the Parker Strip? I see one record set in Waterford (where is that?) Do they take into concideration the Speed of the down river current?
    ------
    Thats BANNER with an H

boatguy222
    I beleive that the currect k-boat record was set at Devils lake, here in Oregon, it a sea level lake with cold water, they have kilos every year in October.
    Jerry,
    didn't Richard have a Hondo as a back-up to the Revenge, I believe that was the old Cam Am Express, not a bad running boat on a Mile and two thirds circle course.

LeE ss13
    Did that happen recently ?? APBA web site still has Gordon Jennings in K-69 at Lincoln City, OR. September 30, 1989. 146 mph and change.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308K69_1-med.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308Freedom_K-69-med.jpg[/img]

126driver
    1Bahnerjet:
    I like Info, are these record runs usually set on the Parker Strip? I see one record set in Waterford (where is that?) Do they take into concideration the Speed of the down river current?
    ------
    Thats BANNER with an H Kilos are run one downriver and one upriver, both from a flying start.

SS126,
    You gotta love those Revenge hulls ???
    BTW -the old battle wagon is starting to shape up. You need to start planning a trip up for fathers day next year.
    Morg.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    boatguy222Jerry,
    didn't Richard have a Hondo as a back-up to the Revenge, I believe that was the old Cam Am Express, not a bad running boat on a Mile and two thirds circle course. [/QB]Mark,
    I think the Hondo was to be the kilo boat and the revenge the racer. Gordy didn't feel comfortable in the hondo, he had been driving "B" boats his whole career. I will be shooting the superstocks this weekend in San Diego so I'll have Gordy refresh my memory and post unequivical fact on monday.
    The Hondo sprint hull was awesome on some courses. Check the record book, George Woods still holds a "K" course record in Ed Trehe's boat. I think Ed still has that boat and resides up there near you. I have the late Bob Daileys SS-95 hondo.
    Next time you see me at a race or v-drive outing pull me over so I can holla at ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast