Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redoing the floor.

dmontzsta
    currently we have black carpet, but it is falling apart, I would like to take it off and leave the natural floor, sand it and fix a few marks it has, then go over it with a laquer.
    My question is, what is the stuff all of you use?
    any pics?

v-drive
    Hey D! contact BillyB on the boards. I think what you want to do is called flow-coat and it's awsome.........v-drive
    [ September 23, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

SERIOUS ISSUES
    for flow coat you can use dura tech or gel coat. I used clear gel it an it looked great. make shure you spray pva over it so it will cure.

Sangster
    SERIOUS ISSUES:
    for flow coat you can use dura tech or gel coat. I used clear gel it an it looked great. make shure you spray pva over it so it will cure. You need to PVA gel coat..If you use Flo-coat it's not needed, it cures itself...

dmontzsta
    Hey Ben,
    Where you been? I have a couple of ideas I have been tossing around, so I think I might need your craftsmanship, one thing is the gas tank thingy magigies on top of the seats, I will get you some pics.
    Billy B actually sent me a PM and I have seen lots of his work and I think I will get it prepped this winter once everything is stripped down and take it to him and get the "Billy B touch".

v-drive
    My son Just had his Boat done by havasu barney.
    Boy did he get the touch.....v-drive
    ps. what gas tank thingy

uclahater
    dmontzsta:
    Hey Ben,
    Where you been? I have a couple of ideas I have been tossing around, so I think I might need your craftsmanship, one thing is the gas tank thingy magigies on top of the seats, I will get you some pics.
    Billy B actually sent me a PM and I have seen lots of his work and I think I will get it prepped this winter once everything is stripped down and take it to him and get the "Billy B touch". Smart move mines there right now

Ian
    Hey dmontzsta, we had BillyB do our flatty last year and it looks sweet. Here's a pic of it a the day we picked it up
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/110107-0781_IMG-med.JPG[/img]

mickeyfinn
    Getting ready to do my floor now. It is pretty much sanded and ready for flow coat. I've always heard great things about Billy B's work and have seen pics of his work so I decided to ask him and he recommended the Dura-tech product. I'll post pics when I get mine complete. Hopefully it'll come out half as good as the picture in the post above.

dmontzsta
    That floor looks great! Did he do the black too?
    Ben:

See the round metal on the seat? it is drilled in with 3 screws then the middle comes off with a flathead screwdriver and that cap screws in. I want to get some new ones, cause they are pretty much gone, they are fully yellow. Is this something for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast