Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K- Class Records ?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Morg:
    SS126,
    You gotta love those Revenge hulls ???
    BTW -the old battle wagon is starting to shape up. You need to start planning a trip up for fathers day next year.
    Morg. Ensign Drydock,
    Post up some current pics!
    You know you can still make Red Rock! I'll pick you up at the airport tonight...shotgun is wide open!!

boatguy222
    V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    boatguy222Jerry,
    didn't Richard have a Hondo as a back-up to the Revenge, I believe that was the old Cam Am Express, not a bad running boat on a Mile and two thirds circle course. Mark,
    I think the Hondo was to be the kilo boat and the revenge the racer. Gordy didn't feel comfortable in the hondo, he had been driving "B" boats his whole career. I will be shooting the superstocks this weekend in San Diego so I'll have Gordy refresh my memory and post unequivical fact on monday.
    The Hondo sprint hull was awesome on some courses. Check the record book, George Woods still holds a "K" course record in Ed Trehe's boat. I think Ed still has that boat and resides up there near you. I have the late Bob Daileys SS-95 hondo.
    Next time you see me at a race or v-drive outing pull me over so I can holla at ya. [/QB]Jerry,
    I had to look in my archives, the k-boat richard bought from al lapoint was the "Tradition" boat K-23, I don't think I ever saw it run, George Woods was guy I know who could drive one of those hondo's, Ed's boat was 15mph faster than anybody in the day. One Smoken Machine.

CircleJerk
    Guys, I just talked to Al Lapoint and he still has one of the Hondos and the K syndrome boat IS the old Can Am special that had a Hemi replace the Rat. Special bottom and all It is still for sale in Gig Harbor for 5000. Great boat to restore for historys sake, dont you agree? Al is also bringing his Javelin to one of next years races and will help anyone running Hondos in the Nostalgic Circle Boats. He still maintains they will kick anyones rearend if properly driven and set up. JeRk eek!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    O.K., here it is- Gordy set the speed record with a 149 and 143 averaging out to 146 in 1989. They wanted to run over 150 so they aquired the Hondo. After several passes in the mid 140's they threw in the towel. Gordy never felt comfortable in that boat, even though he managed a 2nd place in his legal heats needed, to qualify the boat for a record attempt. Jerry

Sherpa
    are there any pics of this Can-Am boat for sale
    on the net-?
    thanks,
    --Sherpa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12