I have run that same box for 3 years no problems ever. I have installed out of the weather completely. First I put it near the engine and ran it. Then I moved it next to and just infront of the driver and ran it. No difference. Spoke to Mallory about the distance extension on the wires, and they felt it would work but needed to be tried by me to find out. Another thing I like about it is that if it were to crap out, it comes with a bypass plug that you can carry with you and still run off the coil directly. Have not had to try it yet, but I carry it with me. When I first installed it, my old impellar was way to small (c-cut) and I saw RPM's just over 6500 on new engine. No ignition problems were experienced. Now I run it at 5500 max rpm's and constantly cruise up to 4500 for extended periods, no problems. I thought I might need some of its features, but I never added anything that might require that. I thought I might take advantage of the start retard feature, but I did not need that either. It just runs like a standard box for me. The features are real easy to scroll through and adjust. I like the digital rev limiter with 100 rpm increments. No MSD style plugs. I did have a little trouble getting my SW Gauges tach to read, but Mallory tech solved the problem for me first try.