I'm a real dumbass! I am in the top 100 specialty contracors in the west. I should be union and go after those lucrative government contracts so I can make 3 to 5 % !!! Good idea!!!
Tell that to the only union run airline, United. They did a great job over there! Delta will be next. And the grocery strike was a real winner.
Think about this. While the grocery workers were out on strike and some lost their homes, etc etc., how many paychecks do you think the union officials missed? And why couldn't these people go work elsewhere? Instead they sat at home and cried the blues. Was it worth it? Could they ever make that money back? Nope. And I love the people standing outside the corprate headquarters. They aren't even legal aliens for God's sake! How pathetic! You going to tell me that a bunch of Mexican nationals were adversly affected by the grocery strike? I have never seen any of them working in the grocery store? That was weird! :rollside:
There was and is a place for unions. But they are not the end all to be all. You have to take control of your own life. You give it to the union, what's the difference in giving it to a company of your choosing?
Most professionals are not in a union. Figure that one out. Who joins the union? Hmmmmmmmmm
(And yes, I was in the Teamsters for a year, way back when)
It's amazing how many brainwashed people don't have a clue why unions were created and just why they are past their point of usefulness!! Other than to benefit the union rather than the worker...as they were first designed to!! Your line of thinking is right in tune with the "common sense" crowd!