Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: one for the unions

NorCal Gameshow
    I aint in a union, never would be, and I assure you I make some damn good money for 34 y/o and only a BS degree. So the whole live better work union BS, aint always true.
    Wow... a degree in BS I wonder how many life experience credits they would give me towards one?

Daytona19
    I am in a Union and this is my first company that I have been involved with as such. Been good for me, I make good cash for a non college educated person and I do a good job and am going to school thru our company to better myself. We have both union and (non union management) which is very interesting to see the mechanics of this on a daily basis. Bottom Line I have had 4 bosses in the last three years, most get "re-asigned" to some place in Bum F_ck egypt somewhere becuase they are the educated "BS" type and dont know CRAP!! Im not saying all with BS degrees know nothing but I have to say they know just enough to get themselves "re-asigned" like its going out of style. They are expendable, replaceable and of little value to the company unless they are doing exactly as they are told, dont rock the boat and follow directions with or without common sense. So in my case the union has been good, its givin me a chance where a good guy can bring life expirences, common sense and the desire to learn and make a good wage for his family and I dont have to take crap from the "educated idiots" that are trying to run the show. Bottom line our business ( electric & gas provider) has not changed in over 100 years but the cost has rose due to all the "BS" the suit types have imposed onto the company, meetings,summits,(commities "spelling???"),paperwork, more bosses than should be legally allowed you name it. So Union yes, for family, for respect, for life....

olbiezer
    garth brooks couldn't care less about unions.....to him its lets make me some more millions......wal mart can do that for him......more power to him......i am in a union and it is necessary......u can read about faa mismanagement all over the net......they couldnt force things on us for a long time now they started up with the tax payers cant afford us stuff.....id like to see :cry: :cry: the politacal appiontiess work air traffic.........

mickeyfinn
    Walmart is far from a real union. I havent been in a Walmart in well over 6 years. F uck that place. Bunch is fat, lazy idiots that work there anyway.
    Real unions built this fine country.
    I still think unions suck and wal-mart is not good for this country. You should however get your facts straight. They are not all fat and lazy. Take a look:
    Walmart women galleries (http://www.nakedviolence.com/gallery/WalMart)

Old Texan
    Unions have moved into the same world as religion and politics from the standpoint of getting a hot polarized discussion working. Unions have proven to be a valuable asset to the workplace from the standpoint of working conditions, wages/benefits, and quality workmanship.
    The problems I see are the generalization of the term union. Union means different things to different businesses, industry, and occupations. In some they are essential and effective, in others they are restictive and cumbersome.
    Unions in the construction industry are vital in maintaining a workpool of professionals. "Build better, build union" is right on the money.
    Teachers unions on the other hand have restricted educational advancement and hamstrung the ability of government and community to makes necessary changes in our system.

mickeyfinn
    Unions in the construction industry are just like unions everywhere else. People paying other people to speak for them. Twisting the employers arm in order to artificially drive the prevailing wage above the market. Unions just plain suck. At one time they had a time and a place. Today they serve no purpose other than to drive up cost and support themselves. Market wages is what industry should be paying. If you chose to work in a market suddenly saturated by available labor then you made a poor career choice. The fact that you joined a union and basically use extortion to get the wages you desire (notice it does not say deserve) for the rest of us to pay for your poor career choice through higher prices. I would love to see ALL unions busted wide open.
    Anyone got more popcorn?

Biglue
    I see someone started another union thread.......always a crowd pleaser.
    I have had my share of experiences with the unions. Both of them point at the union being in it for themselves. Given that it is a business that has some merit but not at the forced monthly expense for a service I dont want or need. I disagree with lazy people working limits of tolerance around a work place and hiding behind a union rep. We all must agree that many people that make a less than desired employee do these actions. Another thing I see that I disagree with is unions promising benefits and better wages. The union does not cover these expenses. The employers do. Perhaps my views are tunnel vision because I have been on the management side of things but even as a person I still disagree with it.

Dave C
    irony.... Union guys always say that they are the best, most well trained hard working employees and provide quality workmanship....... In that case, they should have no trouble being a success all on their own, without any "help".

THOR
    I still think unions suck and wal-mart is not good for this country. You should however get your facts straight. They are not all fat and lazy. Take a look:
    Walmart women galleries (http://www.nakedviolence.com/gallery/WalMart)
    Whatever. You are like most and dont get the 'facts' that all the big jobs are union jobs cuz scabs cant do the work right.

hotlavey
    Unions in the construction industry are just like unions everywhere else. People paying other people to speak for them. Twisting the employers arm in order to artificially drive the prevailing wage above the market. Unions just plain suck. At one time they had a time and a place. Today they serve no purpose other than to drive up cost and support themselves. Market wages is what industry should be paying. If you chose to work in a market suddenly saturated by available labor then you made a poor career choice. The fact that you joined a union and basically use extortion to get the wages you desire (notice it does not say deserve) for the rest of us to pay for your poor career choice through higher prices. I would love to see ALL unions busted wide open.
    Anyone got more popcorn?
    You have my vote!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast