Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: one for the unions

nodigg
    live better work union! The only union haters I've ever met, aren't or haven't been part of one! GO UNION!!!!
    POPCORN TIME!
    I did two stretches for union jobs totalling 7 years, I HATE UNIONS!
    Live better, get a union to protect your right to good off.
    POPCORN! Get your popcorn!

Unions suck!
    Ya, what he said.....

Moneypitt
    Union members beware! The dollars you invest in your retirement aren't yours until the union says you've been a union member long enough. I'm not talking about employer or union matching funds, I'm talking about YOUR money they're taking, holding, investing, using for political reasons, etc. Should you leave THEIR union before THEY think you should, those funds are GONE down the toilet, never to be seen again by you!! AND it was your MONEY...........MP

mickeyfinn
    Unions are just legal theft. If a group of businesses get together to accomplish the same thing it is called price fixing.

GMFL
    Unions in the construction industry are vital in maintaining a workpool of professionals. "Build better, build union" is right on the money.
    You've got to be kidding. 90% of the union members that I've ever worked with were worthless. In California and in most of the U.S. we have Contractor License boards and City Building inspectors that make sure that everything is built correctly. I GUARANTY you the Unions and their members could care less about quality.

hoolign
    Without reading this whole thread.. Unions were usefull when they were first organized. When men would work their asses off for 25 cents an hour and pay 40 cents for a loaf of bread, when men were forced to do dangerous tasks and would comply as they didnt want to lose thier jobs. What are unions now? A committee souly based on collecting cash in lawsuits resulting from some pansy ass not wanting to sweep when he's paid to mop. Some half assed illiterate teacher who has to go to the gym at 5 so can't stay for 15 minutes after school to help someone who want's to ask a trig question. The education system is the biggest downfall of the "Unions" Teachers who can't teach ..demanding more money for teaching less??? Gimma freakin break!! Some dumbass gets a job with the city sewer and can't run a shovel because his nail is chipped?? then who's on the matt?? the management ..who's taken to the "union " and penalized because "Roule " had his feelings hurt when his boss told him he's a freakin wimp! My bud is a union boss, told some wimp " your a woman in a mans body"..a while later he got served..it turned out that the faggot was a woman in a mans body"... but don't apply for a job at suzie freaking hair fags!!!Take up a job at a mine!. We wonder why shit costs so much??? Some grade 8 dropout is worth 30 bucks an hour to push a mop?? You want big money ...earn it .. go to school to deserve it. Show your worth it! ..fukk unions!
    rant over ...flame on

GMFL
    Name one big job that is a non union job.
    There are many large, non union, jobs out there. However your statement is a little misleading. Many large construction companies go after the large government contracts. Our so insightful (Ca.) government officials have decided to spend our tax dollars by requiring that contractors, working on govt. projects pay a "prevailing" wage. Somehow (?) this wage ties into the union pay scales.
    As an employer, going after (very lucrative) govt. jobs, why would you care if your company was Union or not. In order to get the job, you've got to pay the same wage. Why bother trying to keep the union out of your company. Let your sucker employees pay a union to "fight" for their rights. Of course, if the Union wasn't there, they would still get paid the same, just wouldn't have to pay dues. Oh, well, "Live better, (Union boss), Work Union (you stupid sucker)

GMFL
    Another great job that the Unions are doing for our wonderful country and its citizens. This is from the County of Orange website of Eric Norby.
    Board to End Project Labor Agreement
    The Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 to provide legal notification to end the Project Labor Agreement, set to expire at the end of 2005. I strongly support the Board’s action, having campaigned against the PLA during my 2002 election effort.
    The PLA allows only unionized firms to receive county construction contracts. It was hastily approved in 2000, when a 3-2 Board majority sought organized labor’s help in securing approval for the proposed El Toro Airport. It has since been under attack by small independent contractors for squeezing out non-unionized companies from county contracts.
    What made this PLA particularly egregious was its scope. Typically, a PLA is approved on a project-by-project basis, in order to keep competing unions from jurisdictional disputes that might shut down the jobsite. This PLA applied to virtually ALL construction work done by the County. This locked out 75% of the OC firms that are non-unionized, with additional costs of 10-30%. State Prevailing Wage laws already require that workers on county jobsites receive generous compensation, whether or not they are unionized.
    Yea, go union. :220v:

THOR
    There are many large, non union, jobs out there. However your statement is a little misleading. Many large construction companies go after the large government contracts. Our so insightful (Ca.) government officials have decided to spend our tax dollars by requiring that contractors, working on govt. projects pay a "prevailing" wage. Somehow (?) this wage ties into the union pay scales.
    As an employer, going after (very lucrative) govt. jobs, why would you care if your company was Union or not. In order to get the job, you've got to pay the same wage. Why bother trying to keep the union out of your company. Let your sucker employees pay a union to "fight" for their rights. Of course, if the Union wasn't there, they would still get paid the same, just wouldn't have to pay dues. Oh, well, "Live better, (Union boss), Work Union (you stupid sucker)
    Bull$hit. Not one union outfit (outside of Grinnell) can man a big job or do it right. But, Grinnell has a union side too. Scabs cant man a large union job. Dont kid yourself. Unions are plenty useful if you feel like get the job done correctly and on time. If you want crap work that is done and will fall down in ten years, hire scabs.

THOR
    Unions are just legal theft. If a group of businesses get together to accomplish the same thing it is called price fixing.
    I love how guys name call to identify a quality and superior product. Funny how that works. Theft? Now that is just comical. I wont pick on you anymore; I dont want you to bleed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast