Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: enderle tuning question

Blown 472
    Yes it will work just fine unless you would be driving a real tight blower 30% over or more (approx).
    Would I need to?

Badburn
    This thread is worthless without pictures of the rest of the car.
    Damn tease.
    NICE
    Brian
    I thought youd never ask!http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/badapril22.wmv

GofastRacer
    Very cool ride!..

Fiat48
    Would I need to?
    I would think by the time you entered the tight blower and 30% or more od that you would be broke or could not afford the chassis components to get it to hook up. Or both.

GofastRacer
    The bypass on your left coming out of the bottom of the metering block is your idle check. Usually that is about a 2 lb spring. All main fuel bypasses through that check.
    The bypass on your right on your incoming fuel line is a high speed bypass. In that upper brass section above it....a high speed pill goes in there.
    That bypass will have a pretty heavy spring in it. Generally the spring pressure is set to bypass fuel above 7000 rpm.
    The main jet screws in behind the plug on the upper front section of the metering valve. Part throttle fuel control with this system is done by the slot in the barrell valve spool.
    Thanks Bob now I understand the Enderle, another no brainer!. Now on the secondary, do they have shims for fine tuning or do you just swap springs???..

Blown 472
    I would think by the time you entered the tight blower and 30% or more od that you would be broke or could not afford the chassis components to get it to hook up. Or both.
    Not to highjack this tread but since we are talking injection. I wont need a ton of boost with alky will I?? I am thinking some where in the 12 to 15 psi range.

Fiat48
    The Enderle hats dont have a secondary. The way he has it plumbed or the Kinsler way gives you a secondary.
    The ORIGINAL Enderle system works like this:
    Fuel enters the metering block and travels through the spool area, then to the pill area (which a screw in jet controls the main metering here) and then the return fuel (which is a combination of what went by the slot in the spool depending on throttle position AND what fuel flowed through the fixed main jet) comes ou of the bottom of the metering valve to a poppet valve with a light 2 lbs spring. That fuel then is routed back to the tank.
    Now...many guys do the high speed right where he is using and calling his main jet....that is why there is a "pill holder above that poppet and it takes a screw in type main jet.
    So...as original...the only part throttle adjustment you have (secondary) is the slot in the spool.
    As original it works good for drag applications because we could care less about part throttle. But in a converter car...a secondary is a nice deal and also for drag car staging.
    Now back to his deal as plumbed....stiffer spring and/or shims behind the spring equals more fuel to the motor (less return fuel). Remember only up to 1/4 throttle. Then the secondary is out of the picture.

Fiat48
    Not to highjack this tread but since we are talking injection. I wont need a ton of boost with alky will I?? I am thinking some where in the 12 to 15 psi range.
    Look at it this way. An atmosphere is 14.7 lbs at sea level. Every 14.7 roughly doubles the HP. I think that will be enough.

Blown 472
    Look at it this way. An atmosphere is 14.7 lbs at sea level. Every 14.7 roughly doubles the HP. I think that will be enough.
    Cool, I talked to 78 and he said I could call hilborn and they will ball park my tune up.
    Btw, badass camero. Do you race it?

GofastRacer
    The Enderle hats dont have a secondary. The way he has it plumbed or the Kinsler way gives you a secondary.
    The ORIGINAL Enderle system works like this:
    Fuel enters the metering block and travels through the spool area, then to the pill area (which a screw in jet controls the main metering here) and then the return fuel (which is a combination of what went by the slot in the spool depending on throttle position AND what fuel flowed through the fixed main jet) comes ou of the bottom of the metering valve to a poppet valve with a light 2 lbs spring. That fuel then is routed back to the tank.
    Now...many guys do the high speed right where he is using and calling his main jet....that is why there is a "pill holder above that poppet and it takes a screw in type main jet.
    So...as original...the only part throttle adjustment you have (secondary) is the slot in the spool.
    As original it works good for drag applications because we could care less about part throttle. But in a converter car...a secondary is a nice deal and also for drag car staging.
    Now back to his deal as plumbed....stiffer spring and/or shims behind the spring equals more fuel to the motor (less return fuel). Remember only up to 1/4 throttle. Then the secondary is out of the picture.
    Ok gotcha, so for driveability you use a secondary just like any other deal and tune it the same way, then put the main pill in the barrel valve and use the pill holder on the right for the high speed right!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast