Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Blown here is something we might agree on.

Poster X
    You mean her wanting to repeal the subsidies for companies who send jobs overseas?
    Or do you mean her tax incentives to companies that produce biofuels?
    Perhaps it's the fact that large corporations are recording record profits yet the cost of living has increased faster than personal income and she wants balance by using taxation, minimum wage increases and profit sharing?
    Yeah, I'll admit she's a little liberal. After all, she is from San Francisco. But overall, she's no loony toon left wing gorgoyle like you make her out to be either.

eliminatedsprinter
    You mean her wanting to repeal the subsidies for companies who send jobs overseas?
    Perhaps it's the fact that large corporations are recording record profits yet the cost of living has increased faster than personal income and she wants balance by using taxation, minimum wage increases and profit sharing?
    Yeah, I'll admit she's a little liberal. After all, she is from San Francisco. But overall, she's no loony toon left wing gorgoyle like you make her out to be either.
    Those are some of the tamer things she has supported and they still involve federal government intervention, control of buisness, and wealth redistribution by taking money by force from one group of citizens and giving it to others in mannors that are outside of the federal powers outlined in our constitution.
    P.S. I have known about her for years now and I have heard her speak many times. She is not liberal at all. She is a leftist not a liberal (look up the words, there is a differance). Prior to her becoming house minority leader she was hanging with the Maxine Waters, Cynthia Mckinney types in congress and she was much more outspoken about her leftist views than she has been lately.

Poster X
    We'll call it a draw. I'm only familiar with her since 9/11 and I've never heard her speak in public. I've heard Kinky though. Maybe he'll run for Congress?

eliminatedsprinter
    We'll call it a draw. I'm only familiar with her since 9/11 and I've never heard her speak in public. I've heard Kinky though. Maybe he'll run for Congress?
    God help us. :messedup: :wink:

Old Texan
    Let's take one thing at a time. What is the benefit of and the end effect of raising the min. wage?

Poster X
    Mimimum wage is where income begins. If you want to raise the standard of living you don't start in the middle.

eliminatedsprinter
    Mimimum wage is where income begins. If you want to raise the standard of living you don't start in the middle.
    You don't start with the govenment either. The bigger the government, the greater the burden it places on the economy and the quality of domestic life.

Poster X
    Umm, I'm pretty sure the minimum wage has been around longer than either of us, or Nancy Pelosi.

eliminatedsprinter
    Umm, I'm pretty sure the minimum wage has been around longer than either of us, or Nancy Pelosi.
    Indeed it has.

Poster X
    So how is adjusting the minimum wage for inflation adding more government?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast