Thread: Boat cover suggestion

rojo4
    Occasionally i have to leave my boat in the water overnight and uncovered. I currently have a heavy duty boat cover that covers top to bottom. However this is not practical when the boat is moored. Can anyone suggest a cover that is lightweight, waterproof, fitted, portable and goes down to about the rub rail? I'm trying to avoid a cockpit cover, and the need for installing snaps. Your feedback is appreciated.

Makinitdrip
    I believe it was in a Ski Limited catalog. They had a cover like you described that attaches with large suction cups at the rub rail

Keith E. Sayre
    Obviously putting snaps on the boat is a last resort for most. The best covers that I've seen use the ss rails if your
    boat has them and they cover the boat and then a flap maybe 6" long goes under the rails and then flips over on
    top of itself and snaps onto itself. in other words, you
    don't put snaps on the boat, you put them on the cover,
    if it's a v bottom boat, and if the positiion of the rails
    permits, use them, then goto the front of the boat and put
    a piece of material that goes to your bow eye, this will usually take care of the front end, then cover the cockpit
    and there is always something to build around such as ski tows and trailering loops, cleats etc. to tie to.
    If none of this works, a great number of offshore boats have little 10" long, 3" in diameter sand bags made and you simply fill them with sand and then hang them over the edge but out of the water wherever you need to weigh down the cover. call me if you need more help.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    928-680-1400

Havasu1986
    I like the idea of the open bow cover. If we get caught in a T-storm. We have the bimini to shed some of the rain, but don't have anything for the front and the water just water falls into the boat.

rojo4
    Great! I am checking into these options now. Thanks again.

Cole Sanger
    Boatcovers.com

Sun burners
    I had a cover made, for that reason.
    It hooks to the back grab handles, then to the front cleats.
    Seems to work for overnight or lite rain.
    Also used it in hotel parking lots the few times I towed the boat out of Havasu.

rojo4
    I had a cover made, for that reason.
    It hooks to the back grab handles, then to the front cleats.
    Seems to work for overnight or lite rain.
    Also used it in hotel parking lots the few times I towed the boat out of Havasu.
    sounds like what im looking for. who made it for you and is it easy to roll up and stow away?