Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Issues Racing, SS-33 update

DUCKY
    For those of you that don't know, my brother Chad, driver of SS-33 flipped the boat going in to the second turn of Saturdays qualifier. The boat rolled to the inside and trapped him under it, unconscious.
    I spoke with Chad on the phone today. He was in good spirits and wanted to go home, but the doc wanted to keep him at the hospital one more night to make sure his head doesn't swell (any more than normal ). He has 2 or 3 cracked ribs, and little nasty Firebird lake water in his sinuses and lungs, a lump on his head and a bad headache.
    The family and crew would like to say THANKS TO IHBA RESCUE for being on the ball and taking care of business. This accident could have been much worse if they weren't!

fc-pilot
    Ducky, thank you very much for the update. We had not heard too much about how he was doing other than he was OK. That was all anybody would say and it was obvious that they just did not know. We hope for the best, and keep us posted as there are updates.
    Paul

bordsmnj
    glad to hear he's gonna be alright.

Some Kind Of Monster
    Glad he'll be alright. I watched him roll and the boat go down. Like I said, more crashes this year than in a long time..

Mrs.Racer277
    Your brother will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Mr. V-Driver
    Glad to hear he survived. Get well and God Bless!!!

GofastRacer
    Glad to hear you're ok Chad, best wishes for a speedy recovery!..

SERIOUS ISSUES
    They let me out today! A few broke ribs and bruised lungs. I want to thank the Rescue Crew for saving my ass. The first thing I remember was being loaded into the chopper, so alot of people did there job well and I feel lucky to have a first rate group to get us out of the water so quickly. I owe you guys more than a beer.
    Thanks for the well wishes as well to everyone else. I would like to know who has a photo sequence or video. I dont remember anything between the first corner and helicopter. The boat had no damage to it either, I guess I broke its fall :rollside: .

MohaveChuck
    Glad you're OK Chad.
    I just saw this post thread today.
    A big something to be thankful for tommorrow.
    Chuck

FlatRat
    Great news,Chad.Thanks for the update. :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast