Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neovane Water Pump???????Help

DansBlown73Nordic
    Can I just change the pump or do I need to change the drive on cam? I have had my fill of this Neovane deal. I changed impellers and the new one is missing a blade already..... burningm
    I have a new style....Magna flow. Will the old drive work???

Cole Man II
    Before you give up, give it one more try. The new impeller could have been old, or maybe you didn't use enough lube on the blades.
    Good luck,
    Cole Man.

dmontzsta
    I went through this same thing a couple of weeks ago...I was told you do not have to change gears...although I ended up going back to the belt driven pump, since I have always had the best of luck with it. I went through two brand new neovanes and they basically just cracked and fell apart.

DansBlown73Nordic
    It was a brand new impellar from Rex. It seams good and soft and I lubed with some WD-40 like the directions said. I don't very often read directions...

dossangers
    Dans66Stevens:
    Can I just change the pump or do I need to change the drive on cam? I have had my fill of this Neovane deal. I changed impellers and the new one is missing a blade already..... burningm
    I have a new style....Magna flow. Will the old drive work??? pull the old one off and compare if its the same go for it. Ive had good luck with the neovane the only thing they dont like is runing DRY!!

AzDon
    I've got two neovanes that I retired for good after problems like yours. The shaft will actually wear to the point that it will suck air from the back side and your first indication is a near-meltdown! Magnaflow moves double the water, has excellent impeller, and isn't very expensive, when you consider the value of your engine! It's foolish economy to afford patience and understanding to a tempermental neovane while risking an engine. One more thing: Be sure to retrieve ALL the missing impeller pieces or you WILL have overheating problems!!

GofastRacer
    I sure can't understand all these problems that everyone has with the Neovane, just don't make sense. I bought my first boat in 73 and it had a Neovane on it and it wasn't new then, since then it has been on 4 boats and I just put my 3rd impeller in last September!.

SK48
    Gofast, you are a lucky man. I never run stuff dry, and I can't make a neovane last just sitting in the boat during storage. I have never had a problem in the last ten years (knock on wood) since I changed to Magnaflow pumps. The impeller blades are huge compared to a neovane. My new v-drive has a big mercruiser stern drive pump that is belt driven and puts out gallons of water.
    If you have the Magnaflow pump already get the parts and put it on. It is cheap insurance.

LeE ss13
    The Neovane in my ski boat is 9 years old. Never ever start it dry. MOST important, remove the cover if you park it for more that a week and spray it with WD-40. The Magnaflow on the Race Boat has never been changed or uncovered since 1994. They seem to be very tough. I think they pump too much water myself.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I've had good luck with the neovane also. After extended down time, I prime it up with a garden hose (holding it to the exit port) and let her rip!!! Those magnaflows are just too expensive for my cheap-ass!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast