Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neovane Water Pump???????Help

AzDon
    A Magnaflow is cheaper than a weekend trip to the river and certainly cheaper than risking a meltdown!

superdave013
    AzDon:
    One more thing: Be sure to retrieve ALL the missing impeller pieces or you WILL have overheating problems!! That's some good advice there!

GofastRacer
    SK48:
    Gofast, you are a lucky man. I never run stuff dry, and I can't make a neovane last just sitting in the boat during storage. I have never had a problem in the last ten years (knock on wood) since I changed to Magnaflow pumps. The impeller blades are huge compared to a neovane. My new v-drive has a big mercruiser stern drive pump that is belt driven and puts out gallons of water.
    If you have the Magnaflow pump already get the parts and put it on. It is cheap insurance. Thanks SK but I don't see where luck has anything to do with it. If I don't run it for a week or so, before I fire it up I squirt some WD in there so it ain't dry. Now if I'm going to let it sit for over a month, I take the cover off until I'm ready to use it again and I know several people that have the same pump and have no problems either!. BTW, depending on the type water you run in, you can get a buildup of alkalye in the cover and that will destroy an impeller especially when it's dry. The Magnaflow has an impeller same as a Neovane so what makes it better??. It is a good pump but that sucker is for a fire boat to put out fires!.Just my experience!..
    BTW, I have a Magnaflow with drive for sale!..

dossangers
    before i go to the water i always put the hose to it then fire it also magnaflo is way to much water flo to run any heat in the motor.

Well,
    I use and like the Neovane pumps also.....(I have never tried the Magnaflow)
    I surely don't need the water pressure from the Magnaflow!!
    Anyways, I have a Neovane for sale if anyone is interested !!
    [ July 07, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

DansBlown73Nordic
    I did find a couple small pieces floating in the pump. eek! I thought I was very careful when I had it apart last time.
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a kit to rebuild these Neovane pumps? I need seals and bearings....Bearings aren't a problem but the seals?????

stump
    dan a guy named Dante in florida www.dragboatcity.com has a complete kit.Includes shaft, bearings, and seals.I think it cost about 135.00 It might be better to put the money towards a magnaflow pump.Or maby you could get the seals out and cross them over to something.

I never had problems with Neovanes but for the bucks I'd just go with a Magnaflow since Neovane parts are so rare. Magnaflow's do pump too much water for the typical flat that's not running long distance stuff. I'd just dump some of it off before it goes into the motor. They work great on 21's though. More load = need more water. We still sell a ton of Neovane Impellers and have had no impeller related quality problems that I'm aware of.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I can't imagine this pump will make to much pressure.Im running it through the motor then into the Stellings headers and then it dumps into my S pipes.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Mike, I didn't mean to sound like it was your fault...or that the part was bad. It may have gotten screwed up from the old piece floating around inside.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast