Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neovane Water Pump???????Help

Dans66Stevens:
    Mike, I didn't mean to sound like it was your fault...or that the part was bad. It may have gotten screwed up from the old piece floating around inside. Understood, just wanted to let you know I haven't seen any impeller problems. Usually if we get a bad batch of rubber or something we get "lots" of complaints. This hasn't happened in about the last 10 years though.

Thunderbutt
    Dan, I've had mine for 31 years, had to replace some impellers until I put on a sea strainer. This impeller has been ever since. (7 years). Like they say, don't run them dry, and lube it with w-d once in a while. Can I ask you why you go through the motor first? I go through the headers first to pre-heat the water.

spectras only
    Same here. I run a large neovane ["O" ringed model] with no prob, but carry a spare just in case.

ColeTR1
    I had problems with my Neovane pump every year. I never ran it dry. I have a Magnaflow now, its 5 years old, and have only replaced the impeller once for insurance. I restrict where the water leaves the block to get about 15lbs of backpressure in it. I used a AN pipe plug and drilled it out so its works like a jet. Then put it inside of the AN exit from the block. You can play around with the size of the jet to get the right temp. Works great!

DansBlown73Nordic
    I would much rather go through the headers first, however the way these Stellings headers are set-up it would look funny running a hose from the back of the header at the top and then another for the dump.
    By the way these headers sound so Cool. I could win a contest at a Street Rod show... smile_sp

ss wannabe
    a thin layer of wheel-bearing grease on the inside of the cup has kept my neovane impeller working great for years. i also take the cover off when the boat is going to sit for long periods.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I ran the boat yesturday. It ran 150 temp at idle and 100 wide open. Now I need to get the temp. up. What is the best way?

DansBlown73Nordic
    I ran the boat yesturday. It ran 150 temp at idle and 100 wide open. Now I need to get the temp. up. What is the best way?

CircleJerk
    OK, now if you all are ready to simplify your system, here's what works.
    One or two 90degree pickups on the cav plate.
    # 10 or larger line to electric water pump {bait or camper pump or Moroso drag racing pump}.
    One-way check valve before engine water intake.
    #6 exit line at thermostat housing.
    Final results 160-175 degrees cruising without electric pump {force feeding}
    Towing skiiers or boats with pump on = 160 water temp! The Blonde towed a sick boat for 5 miles and never overheated at 5 mph! Throw the impeller pumps away I say, but then I'm the JeRk and you'll do it your way anyway! smile_sp

GofastRacer
    Simple hmmmm, I been running a Neovane forever!. A #12 from the pickup to the cooler, #12 to to the pump, 2 #8's to the motor, 2 #8's to a junction 1 #8 dump! Temp is 170 idling or cruising all day, run laps at 7500 temp goes to 190 max!..Bout as simple as it gets!..
    BTW, NO milkshakes either!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast