Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red spooky 004

chuck spragg
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of the red spooky 004 blown gas flat that was Jim Coles factory race boat, driven by Scott Booth, then driven by Sonny Jones and then by Chuck spragg to win 4 championships with the ADBA in BGF 88,89,90,91, then sold and lost its whereabouts if you know where it is please let me know thanks cuck spragg

superdave013
    I saw the wing for sale at the Long Beach Swapmeet a number of years ago. I remember thinking what a shame to sell off part of history and not keep the entire boat together.

chuck spragg
    Boy I sure agree with you on that one, still looking for her thanks chuck

Cole Man II
    If someone can post a good photo of the boat, that might spark someones memory.

Blown to the Bone
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of the red spooky 004 blown gas flat that was Jim Coles factory race boat, driven by Scott Booth, then driven by Sonny Jones and then by Chuck spragg to win 4 championships with the ADBA in BGF 88,89,90,91, then sold and lost its whereabouts if you know where it is please let me know thanks cuck spragg
    how many spooky boats were there?? we had a red cole #003 called top dog in 1980....

chuck spragg
    If someone can post a good photo of the boat, that might spark someones memory.
    I will try to post some pic's as soon as I scan them to file, back when I owned it there were no digital cam's so everything needs to be scaned and right now my scanner is on the blink, if anyone has some to post please do, the boat was raced in the 85 or 86 and 89 world finals at firebird lake thanks chuck

chuck spragg
    how many spooky boats were there?? we had a red cole #003 called top dog in 1980....
    I am not sure how many there were but I know of three the first was a blown fuel flat before they banned them, then the second one I know of was all white before paint , that one Scott Booth crashed very bad crash destroyed that one then this boat was built, Scott Booth drove it a couple races, then said he would never drive this one again , it was ill handling like the one Scott crashed before . then they redid the bottom to get the boat to tame down, and Sonny Jones drove it a couple races including the I believe 85 world finals or it may have been the winter nats. and took the number spot in quaifying, with a top speed at over 149 mph before they used et as the number one spot, this boat was beautiful candy red with candy brandywine stripes, 600 hrs. to paint her, for Jim Cole and custom ellis trailer black and stripes to match, the numbers were toward the transom 004 gold leaf with black border, on the deck it had spooky with gold leaf and black border and eyes in the o's, all ash wood floor very sweet boat, I really would like to find it.. thanks chuck

mfrey
    I think I have a pic of Spooky BFF in my computer at work...will check Monday

by chance was it a 76 tr1 that jim lange redid
    the bottom on? the white boat that was crashed
    did it happen at ming?

vdrivenman
    i have vhs of a flat named spooky being driven by pitcher catfish hunter and on the 3rd pass he crashes the boat and pretty much destroys it.
    it is an all white hull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast