Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roller lifter maintenance

GofastRacer
    rev kits???..didnt they use them in the 80's?
    Sure did and still do, lifters live a long time with them!..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Rev kits Would that be a stud girdle??

GofastRacer

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    No it's a rev kit!..
    Rev Kit! (http://www.competitionproducts.com/p...?number=CC4003)
    Thats right. The little spring dealio. I have some of those for a small block.

GofastRacer
    Thats right. The little spring dealio. I have some of those for a small block.
    Yep, keeps the lifter from shooting itself off the peak of the lobe and slamming back down on the cam!..

DEL51
    No it's a rev kit!..
    Rev Kit! (http://www.competitionproducts.com/p...?number=CC4003)
    competition products is a little more hardcore than the summit catalog.Thanks for the link. What about bee hive springs and a less agressive ramp? where is the crossover point that makes a rev kit worth it. Is it more rpm related? Do you check rev kit spring pressure as you would check valve spring pressure?Thanks,DEL

GofastRacer
    competition products is a little more hardcore than the summit catalog.Thanks for the link. What about bee hive springs and a less agressive ramp? where is the crossover point that makes a rev kit worth it. Is it more rpm related? Do you check rev kit spring pressure as you would check valve spring pressure?Thanks,DEL
    Never messed with the "bee-hive" springs yet but I hear they are supposed to be real good??? and a less aggressive ramp does help, but I always figured with a rev kit you can run less valve spring pressure which makes it easier on the rest of the parts and insures that the lifter is always on the cam, it always worked for me anyhow!.. As far as checking the spring pressure goes, I do it at the same time as I check the valve springs!..

Fiat48
    The little rev kit springs are really not strong enough to do much good except keep the roller lifter in contact with the cam. But in the old days before the killer springs of today...it was all there was and every little bit helped I guess.

BIGCHRIS
    what about the larger springs that go over the valve springs and the full size caps on top of the spring that keeps constant pressure on the rocker arm isnt that a rev kit also

GofastRacer
    The little rev kit springs are really not strong enough to do much good except keep the roller lifter in contact with the cam. But in the old days before the killer springs of today...it was all there was and every little bit helped I guess.
    That's all they were made to do is keep the lifter on the cam. You don't use them anymore???..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast