Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia delivered defence system to Iran...

bigq
    Does anyone else see Russia, Iran and China getting together to beat up on the USA? The UN STILL considering santions...Please they will be considering santions whwn the bombs start to fly.
    Russia has begun deliveries of the Tor-M1 air defence rocket system to Iran, Russian news agencies quoted military industry sources as saying, in the latest sign of a Russian-US rift over Iran.
    "Deliveries of the Tor-M1 have begun. The first systems have already been delivered to Tehran," ITAR-TASS quoted an unnamed, high-ranking source as saying Friday.
    The United States has pressed Russia to halt military sales to Iran, which Washington accuses of harbouring secret plans to build a nuclear weapon.
    Moscow has consistently defended its weapons trade with Iran. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said the contract for 29 rocket systems, signed in December last year, was legitimate because the Tor-M1 has a purely defensive role.
    ITAR-TASS reported that the rockets were to be deployed around Iran's nuclear sites, including the still incomplete, Russian-built atomic power station at Bushehr.
    In August, Washington announced sanctions against several companies, including Russian arms exporter Rosoboronexport, for supplying technology to Iran that could allegedly be used to develop missile technology and weapons of mass destruction.
    Under the sanctions no US company can deal with foreign companies on the sanctions list for two years.
    A spokesman for Rosoboronexport contacted by AFP would not confirm or deny the reports about the Tor-M1 delivery, which were also issued by the Interfax news agency.
    The Tor-M1 is a low to medium-altitude missile fired from a tracked vehicle against airplanes, helicopters and other airborne targets.
    The news came as the UN Security Council continued to consider possible sanctions against Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile activity in response to the Islamic republic's suspect nuclear programme.
    The major powers have been debating a draft resolution drawn up by Britain, France and Germany that would impose limited sanctions on Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile sectors for Tehran's failure to comply with an earlier UN resolution on halting enrichment.
    China and Russia, both close economic partners with Iran, argue the measures are too extensive, while Washington has pressed for tougher action.

Knotbad
    Russia can sell all its military hardware and it would still not come anywhere close to what the United States has sold.

Blown 472
    Yeah like the stuff we supplied sadaam with in the 80's??

'75 Miller
    Yeah like the stuff we supplied sadaam with in the 80's??How is it that Bigg posts a thread about how the Russians are arming a serious and determined ENEMY of The United States, and you two turn it into more America bashing?

'75 Miller
    Russia can sell all its military hardware and it would still not come anywhere close to what the United States has sold.
    Don't forget the hardware we've simply given outright to Allies of our's, like The Honorable Nation of Israel for instance, in the defense of liberty. I know you and your boy blown just love the fact that your tax dollars, in a very small way, helped to make that happen. I most certainly do.

bigq
    That wasn't my question or the point of the post. I know we have sold a lot of weapons to people we should not have, thats no secret if you thought it was. Since you seem to know, how much have we sold or given away to other countries?
    Again this just throws off some alarms in my head. It seems Russia might be useing Iran to get back at the USA. Sounds like it wouldn't bother a couple of people on here though.

YeLLowBoaT
    Russians are hurting for money very badly, they would sell anything right now to get some much needed cash.

Blown 472
    How is it that Bigg posts a thread about how the Russians are arming a serious and determined ENEMY of The United States, and you two turn it into more America bashing?
    Oh sorry I forgot they threatend us just like Iraq did, right? or was it is israel? and you know we have to do their dirty work for them, oh shit I forgot they are a island or what ever you called it, then there is that mushroom cloud, dang I am confused.
    Long live the bush empire.

Blown 472
    That wasn't my question or the point of the post. I know we have sold a lot of weapons to people we should not have, thats no secret if you thought it was. Since you seem to know, how much have we sold or given away to other countries?
    Again this just throws off some alarms in my head. It seems Russia might be useing Iran to get back at the USA. Sounds like it wouldn't bother a couple of people on here though.

Please show me where iran made a direct threat to the us, or where they attacked us.

bigq
    Please show me where iran made a direct threat to the us, or where they attacked us.
    I can't, please show me where I said they did.
    I may be wrong and you may be right, but I am looking at the build up from China, Iran, and Russia all countries that would like to eliminate the USA. With the hatred in the middle east I think they would bomb us if they had a chance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast