Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offroad riding in the Lake Havasu/Parker areas

jojoshow
    I have been going to Havasu for years and doing only boating in the summer. I'm now spending more time there in the winter months, and want to learn the area for offroad riding. Can any of you HBers give me some local knowledge? Maps, websites, or whatever would be awesome. Thanx. Joel.

Havasu1986
    At the end of Bison Road it becomes a dirt road and there are some trails that go into the hills and I think threre's a waterfall back there also.

jojoshow
    Ive driven up to the end of bison but never into the hills. My new house is going to be real close to that area.I will check it out. Thanx.

Mrs.Racer277
    At the end of Bison Road it becomes a dirt road and there are some trails that go into the hills and I think threre's a waterfall back there also.
    That is correct. Last November took jeeps out there. Very fun.

HavasuSelect
    That's a good spot. We've gone shooting there a couple of times. Never any real hard offroading but I can see how you can have tons of fun up there.

atomickitn
    pick a spot and ride , there is several miles of off road ridding have fun

SummerBreeze
    There is some very long sand washes that all end at the lake. Some of the washes go on for miles.
    I am not an expert of the area but I have had my bike out many times and I think it is very rocky. It's not my best place to go

phebus
    Places all over the place, but it seems like the two most popular are Standard Wash (south of town), and the Bison area.

franky
    Shea Road in Parker if you want long rides. Through Parker, left at the light towards Quartzsite. Past Bradley Chevrolet about 200 yards is Shea, turn left. Go about 8 miles (it is a good road) past cattle gaurd. Lots of folks camp out there to the right. Lots of room. Nice ride to the Desert Bar.

Todd969
    I have been going to Havasu for years and doing only boating in the summer. I'm now spending more time there in the winter months, and want to learn the area for offroad riding. Can any of you HBers give me some local knowledge? Maps, websites, or whatever would be awesome. Thanx. Joel.
    What type of "off-road" vehicles are ya talking?
    There is hundreds of miles N,S,E,W of town. I like Standard wash for most of our adventures. There is also the dunes NW of town where we rode this weekend. Bison as mentioned is also great and if you time it right there could be a beautiful waterfall. The BLM office is on Sweetwater on the south side. They have maps available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast