Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Original 69' Mandella Longdeck Never Wet/Never Rigged

rrrr
    Glad to hear all the great responses, I'm getting more and more excited each day since i pulled it into the shop, just rolled the engine out this morning and started cleaning it up a bit, it's a b!tch getting into all the nooks and crannies around that bosch pump, nothing a little bit of time, elbow grease, and gas won't clean up.
    Oh my GAWD........we're not worthy..... :jawdrop:

the more you post the more killer that thing gets. that could definitly become one of the all time great oldies, you really need to take you time on that piece. P.S. if you plan on running fuel in those foward tanks under the deck, be very watchfull, and carefull, that is what contributed Louis' accident. The tanks leaked and delamed the bottom up under the deck.

Schiada76
    OH..........MY............FAWKING................. ...GAWD! :jawdrop:
    That is going to be bad ass!!!!!

Norseman
    Wow!!!!!!!!

Racey
    Yeah those glass tanks turn the boat into a big wick, realistically those front tanks will never see gas, unless we decide to run the enduro in parker for fun. We will definitely be taking our time to do this thing right, i don't want to make it too fancy, just simple and clean, keep it with the retro style. I do have a couple tricks up my sleeve that I've wanted to do for a while, I think I'll try and keep posting updates through each step of fabrication/installation for all you to enjoy.

Schiada76
    On second thought, why do you want to mess with an old POS like that? That motor is junk and will never make any horse power and the boat will ride like chit.
    I can be there tomorrow to take it off your hands and save you a ton of headaches.

stickmann
    Damn it's beautiful.
    Whatever happened to the molds?
    That hull and deck are so pretty someone should take the time to take the lines off it to save them for posterity.

v-drive
    Damn, that is one pretty boat. They don't come much sweeter than that

msmeads1
    That boat is like finding King Tut's tomb or the pirates or the carribean stash.
    O MY GOOD is right. we need to see more pic's of the boat inside.
    those gas tanks are just too cool
    Please continue to post more pic when you can.
    Thanks for sharing.
    BTW, Would you considering selling?

Racey
    Brummett Still has the molds for the mandys sitting up inside his shop in pasadena. My all time favorite boat though is his 21, i think they are the best looking best built small boat around. I drool over those things ever time i see em.
    As for sellin the mandy, not in the near future, i have been waiting so long for the day to put that together that there is no way we could let go of it now, about 5-10 years ago a guy came around that wanted to buy it for top dollar but my old man just couldn't part with it (Thanks Pops!).
    I'll try and get some more pictures of the inside of the boat up over the weekend for you all. and some different pictures of the odd hardware
    BTW guys if anyone knows anyone with a trailer for one or a similar sized v-drive that is in decent shape pm me, i'd like to just build a trailer but given time constraints it just aint gonna be able to happen.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast