Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Rhinos?

duffster
    I hear stand up jet ski are the next fad coming in to play "1500cc 4-strokes" :rollside:

2forcefull
    I bet they just stopped production on the currant model and will have the new 700 motor, and maybe powersteering next year.
    thats what I'm think'n .
    the dealer said they told him that they stopped production, and wouldn't say why

Chubby4Life
    thats what I'm think'n .
    the dealer said they told him that they stopped production, and wouldn't say why
    Supply and demand maybe?

76ANTHONY
    maybe yamaha ran outta squirrels :idea:

2forcefull
    I'm think'n ther is a $hit pile of them back east, and they are mak'n a major change
    kinda like when the 3 wheelers were hurt'n everyone
    and they came out with the quads

EAZYKILLER2006
    Now Jet Skis are something they SHOULD quit producing..... F'ing Lake Lice.. :crossx:
    oh my gosh too f* funny LMFAO!!!

Magic34
    Think about this though...
    If sales are stong, which they are, why would Yamaha stop production to start a new one? It makes no sense.
    The parctical business thing to do on this is make it a seamless transition into the new model if that is the case. They can forecast ordering components fairly well, and if they had a new model ready with old inventory left over, it's simple, put incentives on old inventory and bring out the new one for $X more.
    Now legally, I could see a few issues. When they had the green and camo one, they could easily claim that it is a backwoods hunting machine not intended for driving around huge bowls at the dunes. However, now they are making colors that make it more attractive and not for the forestry type stuff it was initially designed for. You are not hiding in the woods in a blue, red, or silver rhino.
    Just stopping makes no sense unless there was a judgement against them, but the dealers would have heard that since it is public knowledge.

INSman
    Just wait till next August and you will be able to buy the Kawasaki, or even better...wait till late sept and buy the Honda version....
    Kawajabi, NO :220v: Honda, YES !!!!

MOBrien
    i dont know about all that,
    Because when we were in glamis over the weekend for turkey day a few of my friends have fixed up rhinos and 4 japanese guys from yamaha of japan were wandering around and stopped by our camp and were asking us what we did and did not like about the rhinos and what we would like to see on future rhinos.
    those guys weren't from Yamaha of Japan.....they were spies in disguise!!!! Did they show you fake business cards and everything?? :crossx:

Trailer Park Casanova
    It's a shame.
    We've seen so many families having fun with them at the dunes this year.
    Literally thousands of them just buzzing around not bothering anyone for miles having fun.
    2 Rhino Deaths in So Cal this weekend, 24 nationwide year to date.
    But:
    Three Deaths at the Dunes Over Holiday
    By Nicole Squibbs, Sun Staff Writer
    Nov 30, 2006, 3:47 pm
    Autopsies have been completed on the three young Californians who died after accidents at the Imperial Sand Dunes and other off-highway vehicle recreation centers during the holiday weekend, according to Imperial Deputy Coroner Investigator Chris Macken.
    The first death occurred Wednesday, when 13-year-old Abigail West of Imperial, Calif., was riding an off-road vehicle that rolled over on Superstition Mountain, an off-highway recreation center 15 miles northwest of El Centro.
    Macken said she was partially ejected and not wearing a helmet. He said she died of a neck fracture and blunt force trauma to the head.
    The second victim was 24-year-old Guillermo Gomez of El Cajon, Calif., who died Saturday. Macken said Gomez drove his all-terrain vehicle into the Coachella Canal near Glamis, south of Highway 78, near the crossing of Ogilby Road.
    Macken said Gomez' death appears to have been a drowning, because rescuers had to pull him from the canal. Evidence at the scene led them to believe Gomez could not swim, but Macken said they hadn't yet confirmed that with a family member.
    The third death occurred Sunday, when 18-year-old Danielle Bernard of Lake Forest, Calif., was partially ejected in an off-road vehicle rollover.
    Bernard was riding in Ocotillo Wells, an off-highway recreation center close to the northwest border of the county, off Highway 78, near the crossing of Highway 86. Macken said that Bernard, who was not wearing a helmet, died of blunt force trauma to the head.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast