Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: No More Rhinos?

RiverRatMike
    Kawajabi, NO :220v: Honda, YES !!!!
    I'm so waiting for the Honda version to come out cause it will have nothing but valve problems and transmission issues! Just like there bikes.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I'm so waiting for the Honda version to come out cause it will have nothing but valve problems and transmission issues! Just like there bikes.
    I thought it was just me experiencing that.
    It all started with my new CBX.
    When the engine warmed up,,,, ahhh forget it.

Chipster27
    Magic34 has it right. Marketing 101. These are hot and one of the few vehicles many dealers can sell at or above MSRP. This helps them compensate for the bikes they sell with little margin. Why cut the nipple off the cash cow.
    The solution seems pretty simple. In most cases it appears that the cause of death is ejection and neck/head trama. Build the damn things like a pre-runner, not like a huning golf cart, or come out with 2 versions. A desert version with 5 pt harness, doors, roll cage and window nets to keep people's melons in the vehicle and a hunter version with gun rack and a place to hold your deer/beer.
    They are a cool concept, but seem to be a little under powered and still in the early stages of development. I don't think Yami knew how popular they would be, or the full extent of their use.

catman-do
    I dont see any lawsuits that would make it through. Its not Yamaha's fault people drive these things like jackass's. People need to remember there original design was for labor. Just like the mule it was designed for farm work etc... People turning 90 degree corners at 40mph, putting back seats in, refab-ing the roll cage and making more power would all throw any law suit straight out the window. unless someone died on a Rhino doing 5 mph on a level surface and the seat ejected them out and underneath the rear tire, these arent going anywhere.

catman-do
    But valve problems are expected when we are putting out more compression and power. Havent you ever thought to yourself "why is it that a Honda keeps whooopin my ass!" :crossx: Tranny i havent experienced any problems with though, but then again I ride a race bike not a xr (hondas version of wr)

2forcefull
    But valve problems are expected when we are putting out more compression and power. Havent you ever thought to yourself "why is it that a Honda keeps whooopin my ass!" :crossx: Tranny i havent experienced any problems with though, but then again I ride a race bike not a xr (hondas version of wr)
    do you ride a crf450?

havaduner
    those guys weren't from Yamaha of Japan.....they were spies in disguise!!!! Did they show you fake business cards and everything?? :crossx:
    So, do you think it was Bo and Luke Duke??

SurfOnH20
    I am going to wait a couple of years until I buy a Rhino. It will be then people will be dumping them to buy something else..Extra inventory = good used prices..

Magic34
    Hondas are some of the slowest at the dunes. Stock for stock on the 450 quads... Suzuki is fastest, then Yamaha, then Honda. When my 700 Raptor was stock, I was beating piped Honda 450s up the hill.

THOR
    Pretty bold statement from a Yamaha guy that is constantly looking at the ass end of Hondas. :crossx:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast