Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: circle boat drivin'...

dossangers
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...inals_2006.jpg Just remember the 3 hop rule: 1st hop ok 2nd hop better turn right! 3rd hop is the ''oh SHIT IM GET'IN WET or refer to pics above!!! Well we know tony knows the limit in each BOAT! If you dont push the LIMIT you wont WIN! :crossx: :crossx:This pic is the SHIZNIT! this is spint car style driv'in

Bender
    but you dont get three hops in a canary do you tony!

Sangster
    I would bet the farm Tony would have Nooooo problem runnin' a 410 or Outlaw sprintcar competivley.....

lilrick

MikeF
    This is what I call the "holy shit, I hope I don't get smashed by the boat in lane 5 splash"
    Soooooo, That's the reasoning behind the rear facing injector. :rollside:

Wildchild80
    but you dont get three hops in a canary do you tony!
    If the the boat grabs the right chine you won't get three hops in any of them. The Canary, Beismeyer, Revenge, DiCucci are all basically all the same the set up, center of gravity, driver ability all have a bearing on how far you can push a particular boat. The individual boats all have a "personality" they have basic similarities but will handle water conditions and driver influences differently. The difference between the SS and K are quite dramatic. They react in completly opposite ways you lift on a K boat the nose will come up and glide, the SS boat will drop the nose and lift the tail in the same circumstance.
    My best advice to you is to go out and run "your" boat and ask for advice from someone that you trust to know what they are talking about and listen to what they have to say about your driving style and your boat set up. And remember you will learn faster by changing 1 thing at a time and remembering why you made the change

Bob Hostetter
    I have a dumb question, maybe someone could answer.........
    Since having the outer or right chime catch the water in a turn is going to cause problems, why not eliminate? Especially on something setup just to do circle racing.

CircleJerk
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...inals_2006.jpg Just remember the 3 hop rule: 1st hop ok 2nd hop better turn right! 3rd hop is the ''oh SHIT IM GET'IN WET or refer to pics above!!! Well we know tony knows the limit in each BOAT! If you dont push the LIMIT you wont WIN! :crossx: :crossx:This pic is the SHIZNIT! this is spint car style driv'in
    Ah the old 1,2,3,punch, you're out. Ya, I agree, very often we see that up here in Nostalgia. However, Sometimes Wayne you dont get a warning, I didnt, the bow went skyward and spit my buns into the engine, tearing off the carb and the HEI cap and wires! No chining either way, just straight up!
    Here's another 1,2,3,:
    1. if the boat does something dreadfully wrong , it could be the boat,
    2. if it does the same thing again it could be the boat or the driver,
    3. if it happens the third time just like the last two, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    IT IS THE DRIVER!
    get a new one before the big disappointing splash!

CircleJerk
    My best advice to you is to go out and run "your" boat and ask for advice from someone that you trust to know what they are talking about and listen to what they have to say about your driving style and your boat set up. And remember you will learn faster by changing 1 thing at a time and remembering why you made the change
    Dave, great advice....I suppose you might have told me: Get another boat??Junk that L-boat! But for others, this is great advice and it doesnt hurt to get years of seat time before you make a jErK out of yourself! Too late for me.

BILLY.B
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...inals_2006.jpg This was the first hop and notice that the right chine is up. If this chine had been dipped downward Kato would have not been so lucky. Dave Rankin is correct. you don't always get the three hop warning. On Morg's near disaster #2 time. I had one just like it and it was caused from me peeling off the down to soon even though the boat felt like it had taken a set. Dave Rankin gave some good advise by practicing and remembering what you did each and everytime and what the boat did when you did it. Remember..... The down peddle is your friend. Coming off of it to soon can get you wet!!!!!. And you can't replace seat time which = experience!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast