Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: circle boat drivin'...

TAF
    From reading what alot of these circle boat guys talk about,being GAY seems to be a plus
    Hey Chris thats called driving by the seat of their pants.

lucky
    Just take it easy, especially if you have not driven a flatbottom before. Best thing to do is get behind the wheel and get to know YOUR boat. That is my advice.
    FI call bull shit - anyone that runs a ford doesn't want to go fast and is a pussy - you might as well sit on the dolly and make engine noises 0
    ps LIL Rick -- if you shave y our mellon you will pick up .0000003 tenths per lap

FlatRat
    Ah the old 1,2,3,punch, you're out. Ya, I agree, very often we see that up here in Nostalgia. However, Sometimes Wayne you dont get a warning, I didnt, the bow went skyward and spit my buns into the engine, tearing off the carb and the HEI cap and wires! No chining either way, just straight up!
    Here's another 1,2,3,:
    1. if the boat does something dreadfully wrong , it could be the boat,
    2. if it does the same thing again it could be the boat or the driver,
    3. if it happens the third time just like the last two, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    IT IS THE DRIVER!
    get a new one before the big disappointing splash!
    Hey Boyd,
    I belie :rollside: ve I only got a two hop...wobble thing,splash.I let off the plate too soon and too much gas pedal. :rollside:

lilrick
    FI call bull shit - anyone that runs a ford doesn't want to go fast and is a pussy - you might as well sit on the dolly and make engine noises 0
    ps LIL Rick -- if you shave y our mellon you will pick up .0000003 tenths per lap
    I'll shave my nards too!!

This was the first hop and notice that the right chine is up. If this chine had been dipped downward Kato would have not been so lucky. Dave Rankin is correct. you don't always get the three hop warning. On Morg's near disaster #2 time. I had one just like it and it was caused from me peeling off the down to soon even though the boat felt like it had taken a set. Dave Rankin gave some good advise by practicing and remembering what you did each and everytime and what the boat did when you did it. Remember..... The down peddle is your friend. Coming off of it to soon can get you wet!!!!!. And you can't replace seat time which = experience!!!!
    You are right Billy,
    I was making too sharp of a turn and didn't have enough down in it. It hit a roller and up she went. I was very lucky to not have crash #2 in two days. I made an adjustment to the down pedal and I think it will help me avoid that in the future. What Rankin posted is dead nuts on. Each boat has different characteristics and you will have to log many hours of seat time to learn it. And like he said, record every bit of info along the way. WATCH VIDEO !!!
    Watch the video that Wannabe posted and notice the way different boats come thorught the turns. Good luck!
    PS read LeeSS13's signature. Learn it, know it, live it

You are right Billy,
    I was making too sharp of a turn and didn't have enough down in it. It hit a roller and up she went. I was very lucky to not have crash #2 in two days. I made an adjustment to the down pedal and I think it will help me avoid that in the future. What Rankin posted is dead nuts on. Each boat has different characteristics and you will have to log many hours of seat time to learn it. And like he said, record every bit of info along the way. WATCH VIDEO !!!
    Watch the video that Wannabe posted and notice the way different boats come thorught the turns. Good luck!
    PS read LeeSS13's signature. Learn it, know it, live it
    Fast Times.
    I'm screwed

LeE ss13
    LeE ss13's signature.

floor it and turn left when you get to the orange thingie

SERIOUS ISSUES
    I can tell you 3 things about learning to turn or drive for that matter. 1 plate the boat before lifting out of the gas (drive w/ your left foot). 2 Start at the lake and make sure you have friends that can save you but if something go's wrong. If you don't know people like that go to step 3.
    3 Once you feel like you are pushing it just a little, start racing. It is much better to crash w/ a rescue crew there. You never know how bad the crash will be! Hope to see you at the races soon and good luck.

CircleJerk
    Hey Boyd,
    I belie :rollside: ve I only got a two hop...wobble thing,splash.I let off the plate too soon and too much gas pedal. :rollside:
    Show off! Yup, you had two and then the third you didnt feel since you were 'OUT OF THERE'! How did that kiss on the cheek from Skinny feel? the new DVD shows it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast