Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parker 300 meeting??????

Ron Hill
    1. Ron Knows his shop will need Air Conditioning before next summer....He doesn't need a FREE air conditioner...He needs an air conditioners for a 1,000 square foot shop....He doesn't need a heater..
    2. Ron knows Joey Cucci has four small D'Cucci boats with OMC Sterndrives sitting in his yard. These boats are Division I, and I for one, think these little "PUPPIES" should be racing and not parked in Joey's yard. I along with Rod Zapf have said we'd try to get these boat out and in THE RACE... Now, GN-7 you could drive with Elvis in my 17' Tri Hull... I have made a deal for four boats at Apple Valley Marine. (Not the King, Elvis Schwartz)...
    Some of us had a goal for a race that, "No boat be left behind"...A fun, safe, family, and friends Race...(Like the OLD DAYS).....
    You may not know it, but the second place finisher in Division I , 007, was sponsored by WWW.BOATRACINGFACTS.COM and Hill Racing brought it to and from the race in their enclosed trailer...The boat was treated well.
    BECAUSE "WACKERS" don't swallow valves or break rockers, isn't MY FAULT....
    ADD:
    I know where a used Stoker is... I've bought Pat a Division IV boat, so, now I'll only have ONE EXTRA 300 Merc.....want to borrow it and buy that Stoker????

ok you win. wow I feel like I just got kicked in the nutz. brutal thats what you are. Now my biggest concern is making sure my boat doesn't exceed some crazy azz imposed speed limit. Is this a race or a high speed CRUISE.

rossdbos
    Easy Cowboy Bob!
    Unless you go and buy some 24' monster (Daytona, DCB, Lavey, Etc.) you have nothing to worry about (I don't think this is in your race budget!).
    The Division VI boats (Factory boats w/ HP Motors) that can do well over 120 mph could feasibly start 60 minutes after Div. I and run them down by just over 1/2 way so it was decided by all those in attendance that only Division VI boats (non GN type boats) but what I described above shall have a fixed mounted GPS to insure that they don't go making it unfair to the rest of the field by running away with it before 90% of the race is complete. Theoretically speaking and analyzing the data from the first two Enduro's have concluded that the Division VI boats (as they were in first two years) were sustaining between 100 and 105 mph. Now that explains why the 1 hour delay but in trying to grow the event and get more Mfg.'s involved I asked and was agreed by everyone in attendance to extend the maximum length of a Division VI boat from 22' 6" to 24' but with it came the price- maximum speed limitation which makes sense. Again striving for parity is the name of the game. Last year we had Div. 2, 5, 6, 4 all in the top 5 so that means that we were very close to parity. Div. III all blew up otherwise I'm sure it would have been a different story at the end.
    Now do you understand why it was done, and btw, where were you to represent your interests? Were you Christmas shopping or just typing on the computer?
    Call me or your division rep as posted above with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ross

Ron Hill
    GN-7.......I'll be in Needles between Christmas and New Years....Expect a visitor....I don't need a heater!!!
    Why not get "LOUD PIPES" like Plan B??? Serious question....IS that Plan B exhaust anything.... Let let me ask, I feel like I'm High Jacking this thread... But how does Plan B's exhaust differ from yours??? Or does it??? That Gritch always sound LOUD....

yeah that kv 305 runs zoooooomies. we have a set we may start running so that we can make just as much noise sense the running the same speed is out of the question.

Easy Cowboy Bob!
    Unless you go and buy some 24' monster (Daytona, DCB, Lavey, Etc.) you have nothing to worry about (I don't think this is in your race budget!).
    The Division VI boats (Factory boats w/ HP Motors) that can do well over 120 mph could feasibly start 60 minutes after Div. I and run them down by just over 1/2 way
    Now do you understand why it was done, and btw, where were you to represent your interests? Actually I was thinking of refi my house so I could run with the big boys just this once. As for running over running div I by have way, no one was going to run down last years div I (divII? it was kinda unclear) winner in 500 mi. And my interest where very handily taken care of by Benji and Ted K. I have no complaints and I will be there, I just have no pretenses as to what the event really is.

lilrick
    Easy Cowboy Bob!
    The Division VI boats (Factory boats w/ HP Motors) that can do well over 120 mph could feasibly start 60 minutes after Div. I and run them down by just over 1/2 way so it was decided by all those in attendance that only Division VI boats (non GN type boats) but what I described above shall have a fixed mounted GPS to insure that they don't go making it unfair to the rest of the field by running away with it before 90% of the race is complete. Theoretically speaking and analyzing the data from the first two Enduro's have concluded that the Division VI boats (as they were in first two years) were sustaining between 100 and 105 mph. Now that explains why the 1 hour delay but in trying to grow the event and get more Mfg.'s involved I asked and was agreed by everyone in attendance to extend the maximum length of a Division VI boat from 22' 6" to 24' but with it came the price- maximum speed limitation which makes sense. Again striving for parity is the name of the game. Last year we had Div. 2, 5, 6, 4 all in the top 5 so that means that we were very close to parity. Div. III all blew up otherwise I'm sure it would have been a different story at the end.
    Now do you understand why it was done, and btw, where were you to represent your interests? Were you Christmas shopping or just typing on the computer?
    Call me or your division rep as posted above with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ross
    I love it when Ross has to be STERN!!! The force is strong in you RW!!!

its a napolean thing

rossdbos
    Hey, I resemble that remark!
    Anyway Bob, without stirring up more issues, I heard a lot of if's, woulda's, coulda's and shoulda's by those that broke after the '06 Enduro. One thing is for certain, one must finish and then declare what they feel is unfair. If the 34 decided to make another unsheduled pit stop or had a problem it would have been all over and the 48 would have easily won but the fact remains that the 34 ran a near flawless race, kept it steady and didn't make too many mistakes. Also, you have to realize that Fred Bowden, the 6 or 7 time winner of the Enduro was calling the shots as he sponsored the team again experience mattered. We (all those in attendence) decided that the Div. II outboards are now in Div. III to insure that there would be no unfair advantage and try for better parity within the divisions. As I said, as soon as I get the minutes from the meeting I have someone that is going to professionally re-write the rules to make them very clear then it will be published on this website and emailed to all those wishing to attend the '07 Enduro.
    I know Billy is looking forward to '07 already.
    Let's keep putting the word out and getting new "blood" to race this great event that almost anyone can try.
    Thanks for your support and I wasn't trying to be stern, you know when I am being stern.
    Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

thats a 10-4 and if I was really complaining you would know. and like I said I will be there beefs or not. just waiting to see what it is Ill bring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12