Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Offshore

2forcefull
    I talked to my buddy after I made the post above and he doesn't think a single engine Merc would get the boat the speeds that he was getting with his built motor.
    That's what I think also, I beat a 28' twin 496ho eliminator, he ran about 86-87 in the heat.

2forcefull
    so we find out the other side to that story
    haha
    whats forces build time?
    whats force's warranty like?
    I would say build time would be base on, how soon you wanted it and how soon you payed for it.
    my first force I bought used,
    my second was an 07,new canopy 29'
    only problem I had was a switch on the dash[they fixed]
    It's a one year warranty

dumbandyoung
    now you said your a mechanic.. do you work for force?

2forcefull
    now you said your a mechanic.. do you work for force?
    nope,, don't work for force, spent a lot of time there on my first 07 canopy.
    raced front motor dragsters for years, had a blown alcohol car in the 80s
    the reason I went with force was the motor. all that power!!! and torque,
    he uses all the best parts, and if you know anything about motors at all , and you know when to lift, you get a hell of a lot of motor for the money.
    I've had to be towed in with new merc motors that weren't broke, just something went haywire with the efi,
    maybe I'm just "old School" But I know I can make a carb motor work,
    anyone with one of those ilmores that wants to run against my force motor,come on!what are they,40k and you get 500hp
    I say this take the ilmore, run it the say way, and the same amount of hours
    and after a summer of being beat by everyone, add the cost of the motor, the cost of the maintainice together and you will have more than enough to buy 2 force motors that kick ass,
    most motors that " EXPLODE" ARE DRIVER ERROR!!! they aren't running right,
    so the owner goes out and pins the throttle! Iv'e heard them just strangle motors to death that could have been saved, but no they "EXPLODE" them.
    they go from a broke valve spring {easy fix} to a hole in a piston, or a windowed block,
    I've heard them blasting across the lake shoot'n ducks with the throttle pinned all day then see them gett'n towed in, and they ask me " what do you think happened" I say I think you murdered this motor, you strangled it to death.
    sand bar mike would have never been happy with his boat only going 65!

Kilrtoy
    nope,, don't work for force, spent a lot of time there on my first 07 canopy.
    raced front motor dragsters for years, had a blown alcohol car in the 80s
    the reason I went with force was the motor. all that power!!! and torque,
    he uses all the best parts, and if you know anything about motors at all , and you know when to lift, you get a hell of a lot of motor for the money.
    I've had to be towed in with new merc motors that weren't broke, just something went haywire with the efi,
    maybe I'm just "old School" But I know I can make a carb motor work,
    anyone with one of those ilmores that wants to run against my force motor,come on!what are they,40k and you get 500hp
    I say this take the ilmore, run it the say way, and the same amount of hours
    and after a summer of being beat by everyone, add the cost of the motor, the cost of the maintainice together and you will have more than enough to buy 2 force motors that kick ass,
    most motors that " EXPLODE" ARE DRIVER ERROR!!! they aren't running right,
    so the owner goes out and pins the throttle! Iv'e heard them just strangle motors to death that could have been saved, but no they "EXPLODE" them.
    they go from a broke valve spring {easy fix} to a hole in a piston, or a windowed block,
    I've heard them blasting across the lake shoot'n ducks with the throttle pinned all day then see them gett'n towed in, and they ask me " what do you think happened" I say I think you murdered this motor, you strangled it to death.
    sand bar mike would have never been happy with his boat only going 65!
    To compare a 804 HP hand built motor to a 625 motor is just a little off , DONT YA THINK,
    now lets compare a teague 800(I KNOW ITS BLOWN) to your same 804HP motor and im sure that motor will run better and last longer,
    I CANT BELEIVE I JUST WROTE THAT. Hell i bet the new Merc 700 will pull harder than your 804 motor

Sandbar Mike
    which merc. would you go with, you have a 572?, middle 80s?
    a 500hp would cost 40k [guessing w/ drive] slow it down 15 mph?
    just wondering?
    For personal reasons I would go with a Merc motor, not because Force did me wrong. They treated me awsome and built me a great boat.
    High performance means high maintanence.
    I'd probably go with a 525 or 600SC.
    But your right, that's a big chunk of money.
    Regarding Force doing people wrong on the engine deals, There are two sides to each situation. Some people don't know how to up keep a high performance engine / ON THE FLIP SIDE parts failure happens even with the best engine up keep.
    Brad stands behind his product the best he can.

Beer-30
    There are alot of DCBs for sale right now, you could probably snag one the same size you are looking at or bigger for the same money.
    Look in the SPAM section.

Beer-30
    Or, an '02 28 foot Magic with a 500HP for $65K! with only 115 hours.
    Add a whipple later and you have almost 800 hp, and are out less than $80K.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...97Rear-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/showth...&highlight=dcb

OutCole'd
    There are alot of DCBs for sale right now, you could probably snag one the same size you are looking at or bigger for the same money.
    Look in the SPAM section.
    That's kinda what I'm thinking also. There are some great deals in the spam section right now.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast