Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa's New Sanger

mjfifield
    Finally found a Sanger. It's a'79 Drag hull that spent it's whole life as a show boat (Oakland Roadster show as a boat called 'ghost rider' in the early '80's). I bought if from a guy who broke a valve spring in 1986. The boat hasn't seen water since. I don't think the boat has been in the water 15 times in it 's life. It's getting a 598 bbc with an intercooled 14-71 in it. Trying for CFW on NYD but it's going to be tough.

QuickJet
    Awesome. Be nice to see it in person come NYD.
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=20713

sanger mike
    I remember seeing that hydro at mike farley's house when he painted it. classic farley paint job. real nice.

GofastRacer
    Nice!..

BIGCHRIS
    Sweeet,makes u wonder how much more of that stuff is laying around

mjfifield
    You'd be surprised whose brother's uncle's friend has an old Sanger, Hallett, Cole or whatever sitting in their garage. A lot of those people want to sell, just don't know where/how to post. I found/heard of more Sanger hydros in a week than in 6 months of hardcore searching.

sanger mike
    mjfifield, where do you live? i remember farley had a friend name carl in the east bay with a small/light weight sanger drag hydro with a blown small block that was way fast. i wonder if that boat is still around. i think carl was a truck driver.

mjfifield
    I'm in Concord, CA. I noticed that you are from Yuba City. I go to Bullard's Bar quite a bit. Wonder if the Sheriff will say anything about the open zoomies....

sanger mike
    I'm in Concord, CA. I noticed that you are from Yuba City. I go to Bullard's Bar quite a bit. Wonder if the Sheriff will say anything about the open zoomies....
    we just moved up here from millbrae 3 years ago,so we could be closer to the lakes and no traffic. :220v:

lucky
    our Boat - Rapid Transit - I need to dig up More pics when it was first put together at Piccoittas shop it too is a 79 - and Please check that the foam in the sponsons is not touching the top of the deck - this caused sever spidering those climax hulls are super light
    the whole top of the boat was done the same as the sides - and this was the only way that made sence to fix it after 5 years of running

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast