Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santa's New Sanger

1980 sanger
    I remember seeing that hydro at mike farley's house when he painted it. classic farley paint job. real nice.
    Carl Smitty I think still has the hydro sitting in a barn in Tacey Last time I talk to him and ask if he wanted to sell it he wanted 20k complete and 10k less motor. That was one of the first hydros I was in for a ride back in the early 80s and it was way cool. Jason the hot rod looks good.

sanger mike
    HA, see what comes up when you ask. you guy's remember the speedy clem hydro. or how about mile's foster yellow 23 sanger V-drive cat offshore boat with the boatworks paintrd down the side of it.

Sangster
    Do you have any more pics of this boat...Is/was it a 5 rib?? Nice find by the way............
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=20713

wsuwrhr
    Looks like it has a Dodge in it right now. What are you doing with the motor?
    Brian
    Finally found a Sanger. It's a'79 Drag hull that spent it's whole life as a show boat (Oakland Roadster show as a boat called 'ghost rider' in the early '80's). I bought if from a guy who broke a valve spring in 1986. The boat hasn't seen water since. I don't think the boat has been in the water 15 times in it 's life. It's getting a 598 bbc with an intercooled 14-71 in it. Trying for CFW on NYD but it's going to be tough.

daddy b
    That is one beautiful piece, can't wait to see and hear that thing in person.
    :idea: I've been wanting one of those too!

mjfifield
    Sangster,
    I think it was a 5 rib, although the center section is flat now (possibly filled in?) Were some of the drag hulls made without the 5 rib? I put three pics in my original post - that is after sitting in someone's garage for 20 years - I didn't even have time to wash it before the sun was going down and I shot those pics.

1980 sanger
    HA, see what comes up when you ask. you guy's remember the speedy clem hydro. or how about mile's foster yellow 23 sanger V-drive cat offshore boat with the boatworks paintrd down the side of it.
    Who knows where Tim Morgans Flying Machine Top fuel Sanger ended up?

Sangster
    Not that I know of... At least not on the Climax hulls.. What year & length is this boat and do you have any pics of the transom....

Sangster
    Who knows where Tim Morgans Flying Machine Top fuel Sanger ended up?
    We have an 18' and a 19' Climax hull... The 18' was the "Night Train" BAH that ran up in the North West & the 19' was a TFH in it's day... may have been one of Tims boats.. When we got it, it had no #'s or paint to verify it's history...It's all white gelcoat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12