Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bravo 1 ?

Ryan00TJ
    Looking at a really good deal on a Bravo 1 and was wondering if a standard Bravo 1 is longer than my current Gen 1 Alpha. I mean longer as in length top to bottom. My boat is set up with a 1.5" raised X dimension and was wondering how the Bravo swap would affect that. Thanks

TilliamWe
    I can't exactly answer your length question, sorry.
    But I can ask if you realize that swapping an Alpha Gen 1 is a lot more than just unbolting the drive?

Ryan00TJ
    I can't exactly answer your length question, sorry.
    But I can ask if you realize that swapping an Alpha Gen 1 is a lot more than just unbolting the drive?
    Ohh yes, I found a very good deal on a complete setup, inner/outer brackets, bellhousing, rams, steering, shift etc... I just need a circulating pump and bracket and drill two more holes in the transom.

fkboatman
    i also have bravo 1 with 1.50 ratio for sale, ser# is a om ,so its a newer drive. not a mark on it my pics show the sticker reflection in the paint..... you get the idea asking $ 3600....ALSO HAVE land and sea extension box for bravo also has everything to install all u need is ur gimball housing and inner transom plate asking $2000 thats a good deal

shockwaveharry
    The Bravo 1 will drop the propshaft down farther than the Alfa, but not by much. I can't find the exact dimensions but I would suspect it will eat up all 1.5 inches you have in reserve.
    I know there's specs out there, I just can't find them at the moment...

Havasu47
    The Alpha I and Bravo I are exactly the same dimension from propshaft to u-joint center line. 21 13/16
    Swapping an Alpha to Bravo I will not lower your propshaft.

Ned S
    I have a circulating pump and brackets. The pump needs a new housing and impellar. It is for a v-belt

waterlogged3261
    your gonna need a flywheel cover and a bravo coupler too. i think it's a differant shift bracket too...
    and a couple other things that are escaping me right now... get back as soon as i remember them...
    you wont ever be sorry you made the change though.
    chuck

jammin
    I'll sell you one of my bravo 1's! Just came off my 1000 HP engine 50 hrs. case hardening worn off gears shafts twisted, get my drift, ask what it was in! I can wear out a bravo 1 in an hour. Know what your gettin!

Deano
    I'll sell you one of my bravo 1's! Just came off my 1000 HP engine 50 hrs. case hardening worn off gears shafts twisted, get my drift, ask what it was in! I can wear out a bravo 1 in an hour. Know what your gettin!
    What was it in? I don't think it matters if it was in a 10' boat with 1k hp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast