Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Racing Venue of 2006

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Thread is titled "Best racing venue of 2006". Who actually went to every one of those races in 2006?

dossangers
    Jerry junes coming FAST lets get it going!!!!!!!!!!!

Firecracker
    Thread is titled "Best racing venue of 2006". Who actually went to every one of those races in 2006?
    Uhmmmm.. I did, or actually, I missed San Diego. But I have been there, last year, and it is alright I guess.

LakesOnly
    What criteria constitutes the best racing venue? I haven't been to all the votable places....but for christs sake, if regularly excellent water conditions and seemingly often record setting matters, Chow-Town should absolutely be on that list. Then, I'd cast my vote.
    LO

TAF
    What criteria constitutes the best racing venue? I haven't been to all the votable places....but for christs sake, if regularly excellent water conditions and seemingly often record setting matters, Chow-Town should absolutely be on that list. Then, I'd cast my vote.
    LO
    Unfortunately she was only putting the circle jerk tracks on the list...........I'd have to say Firebird, PHX,AZ is / was the best. Where else can you work your asp off, eat drink and then sleep 4 days in a row and never have to leave the track. I also have plenty of other found memories there too.
    OOPS, shouldn't have said that.

TAF
    :idea: They drove / raced a couple V-drives at Firebird, PHX, AZ:hammerhea

Firecracker
    LO
    Sorry, it is circle tracks only :shift:

Flat Hall'N
    Even though I was given a lesson and then some, I would have to say Burley. The town gets behind the sport in a big way, the course is long and fast and alot of cool people are in attendance, both spectating and racing. Got to see and race against some boats I had never seen before too! Very Cool! Looking forward to this years race there also.

MAXIMUS
    I think Long Beach was the best this year... My favorite however is & always will be Parker. It will always be my holy ground.

BILLY.B
    Unfortunately she was only putting the circle jerk tracks on the list...........This is exactly what I was talking about. EGO"S!!!!!. Circle Jerks, Drag Fag's, whatever you call it it's still boat racing and it has and always will be in the dark age's when it comes going anywhere unless you can put on show that the people can get behind. Phoenix is one of the best venue's bar none in the country. It use to be the "Allstar event when the "Circle Jerks" could race around the island. Now that was badd a$$. Could you imagine the "Regatta of Champions" at Phoenix????. Put lights up and run the fuelers at night. K's & the SS classes under the lights in front of the crowd would be unreal. This would be off the hook. And would sell out everyday....Guaranteed. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cheap C%*#*%E isn't going to spend the money to do that because of the return it wouldn't give while it sat idle. But when I go to a Drag Fag event and sit around and wait so the (drag boats) can be towed off the track because they felt the need to stop the boat in the shut down (fuelers not included, but should be) area time & time again I get up and walk away. I think they should be fined or have points taken away just like the NHRA does for an oil downs and then maybe just maybe the show would move along alittle quicker. Circle Jerks aren't without delays either. Constant hold ups for whatever reason, and then slaming the rest of the show into a one day slamfest isn't much fun either. All's i'm saying is "Can't we all just get along" and put on a show that draws positive attention towards the great sport of "BOAT RACING" as a whole instead of slaming each other for doing what we all love to do!!!!:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :argue:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast