Thread: Need a new windshield!

75MillerJet
    Does anyone know of any plastic/acrylic manufacturers that make boat windshields in So Cal? Only one I've found is Wayne Earl and they are a good 2 hours away. Kinda far to tow the boat and drop it off and go back to pick up. I am in the Ventura area.

YeLLowBoaT
    Any plastic shop with a "oven" can make you one. just make sure its out of lexan ( or something simlar) other wise the 1st wake and it will crack.

75MillerJet
    There's actually one here in Camarillo called American Plastics but they said they don't get in and measure everything up and that I would have to bring the old one or make an exact template of what I want. Since I don't have the old windshield I would have to make a template. Any ideas on how to go about this? Its gonna take some time since I would have to be dead on with the template. Only things I can think of off the top of my head would be piecing cardboard together either with a crap load of duct tape or paper michet.

YeLLowBoaT
    I would look for anohter shop... It really depends on the shop, some may want something else.

sidewound
    Got mine from L&L marine. Bend ova brutha,
    YEOW! GET THAT THING OUTTA THERE!
    Spendy but it was a nice fit.
    You might wanna ask Duane at hi-tech.
    He's got some ins on plexi on his site.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

killerbeez
    I got mine in escondido and they were just a tad cheaper than l&l marine.The good thing about L&L marine is that they include all the hardware in the price.It is going to run you close too $300-$350.They only make them in pairs because you need to send them the one you have so they can make a mold out of it.