Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V-drive and auto tranny questions..plus a few more..

CodyGrizz
    What should I expect to pay for equipment I need. As in a good used Vdrive that would be fine for my power limits (It would never be more than 500hp), transmission, and engine? I know price will be dependent on area, needs, etc but trying to figure out what I should average allot for my powerplant budget. Thankfuly I will have 6-9 months before I will have to buy one so it gives me time to save whatever I need.

scooooter7
    What should I expect to pay for equipment I need. As in a good used Vdrive that would be fine for my power limits (It would never be more than 500hp), transmission, and engine? I know price will be dependent on area, needs, etc but trying to figure out what I should average allot for my powerplant budget. Thankfuly I will have 6-9 months before I will have to buy one so it gives me time to save whatever I need.
    You will have to make a list and shop around. Check Ebay and talk to these guys on the forum.

VDRIVERACING
    I was going to sell my C500 for $1800. This one is in good order, and the 29's in it were bought new 2 years ago; the 15's came with it so I do not know the history on them, but they were fine according to Casale. There is a dragboatparts website that sells used v-drives, but god only knows where they've been. I would sell the velvet drive for $300.
    One thing you'll need to do is locate someone in your area that can set it up for you. Proper alignment with the engine and propshaft strut is a must. Once it's in, it's ultra-low maintenance and will outlive the boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12