Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Prop

Moneypitt
    dam! If you were a little closer I'd let you borrow a couple. Shipping is a lil pricey and some guy just.... well never mind.
    I don't know where you are in No Cal, but there are several prop builders up there. Call one, ask the same questions you're asking here. Ask if they have a prop or two you could try out, ask if they have any used props for sale. Let them know you WILL be buying the one that seems to work the best in your set up. Most, if not all prop guys will allow you to "test" a couple, although they may require a deposit, and then either sell you THAT one or make you one just like it. As a side note, it is not uncommon for very experienced racers to test many many props to find the "perfect" one, as no two boats are ever exactly the same, and no two props are ever exactly the same even though they're marked the same. (very close, but not exactly). Every prop guy I've ever talked to was quite helpful. BUT DO YOUR HOMEWORK, have something to say that will allow them to help you. You need to know what prop you have now, and what RPM/speed results were obtained. How did it perform pulling skiers? How is the bottom? Did the boat "nose over" on the top end? Does it carry the nose well?........ Give them something to work from, and they will help you get where you want to be.......AND finally, you get what you pay for........Kinda like a $10.00 motorcycle helmet, works great if you have a $10.00 HEAD. The "right" prop can, and usually does, make all the difference in the world the way your boat performs.......MP

lucky
    a common prp on the spectra/ howards / schiattas is a 11.5x15 - I prefer a three blade for more bow lift - I'm running a 11.5x 14 three blade on mine and its working decently - but i too would like to see if i can get more out of my boat

FlatStupid
    a common prp on the spectra/ howards / schiattas is a 11.5x15 - I prefer a three blade for more bow lift - I'm running a 11.5x 14 three blade on mine and its working decently - but i too would like to see if i can get more out of my boat Spend a little MONEY tight a$$!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky
    Spend a little MONEY tight a$$!!!!!!!!!!!
    well there goes the bench racing theory Thanks YOU Just blew my cover now these fags are going to be on me like stink on shitt

FlatStupid
    It's gonna be a damn BIG group hug!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12