Thread: propshaft needed

draggin craft
    Im looking for a 1" propshaft for my 69 draggin craft. dont have the length just yet, I will get a length this weekend. All i can tell you is that its an 18' boat, ski setup, motor is pretty far back and the v-drive damn near even with the back of the front bench seat. A longer shaft is ok with me too.. i can cut it down. Used or new.
    Let me know
    George

dmontzsta
    www.rexmar.com
    www.rbprops.com
    www.glenwood.com
    Out of all those, one of them should have it.

Moneypitt
    Im looking for a 1" propshaft for my 69 draggin craft. dont have the length just yet, I will get a length this weekend. All i can tell you is that its an 18' boat, ski setup, motor is pretty far back and the v-drive damn near even with the back of the front bench seat. A longer shaft is ok with me too.. i can cut it down. Used or new.
    Let me know
    George
    There is a little more to a prop shaft than length and diameter........How much power are you planning on putting to the prop? There have been several horror stories of under rated shafts in older boats with up graded power. Please advise whom ever you choose to buy your NEW shaft from what it's use will be, and how much power it needs to hold......Used prop shafts are like used condoms, they worked "then", but "now" may be a different story, depending on the power applied...........MP

SANGER-RICH
    There is a little more to a prop shaft than length and diameter........How much power are you planning on putting to the prop? There have been several horror stories of under rated shafts in older boats with up graded power. Please advise whom ever you choose to buy your NEW shaft from what it's use will be, and how much power it needs to hold......Used prop shafts are like used condoms, they worked "then", but "now" may be a different story, depending on the power applied...........MP
    :hammerhea I have a used 1 " shaft out o my 19 ft hydro, it had a hemi in it originally, if interested pm me:sleeping:

romper stomper
    i have about 4 1" prop shafts laying around if still needed.