Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B-boat mold

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    From What I have learned by listning to the Guy's that have been around Biesemyers along time the ski bottom is definatly not the one you want to copy.
    Which is exactly the boat that you have in the picture, you can tell by the dip in the gunnel rail on the side's. These hulls don't make good circle hulls. Just my .02 worth.
    Thanks, now I'm gonna get 5 pms from Dmontzta!! :mix:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    What difference in bottoms between the two? can anyone tell me?
    I personnally haven't measured the different b boat bottoms. I do know the long deck was first. Julian once told us the ski and race deck boats have the same bottom but "In my (very humble) opinion" the ski deck and long deck boats seem to run a little wetter. The Kelron spitfire is a copy of the ski decker but Ronny B. w/ Ron Ehde made some changes first.
    If I had to guess I would think they have less rocker than the newer boat...
    Wildchild80 could probably bring some solid facts to this discussion.

dmontzsta
    Thanks Brad, now I'm gonna get 5 pms from Dmontzta!! :mix:
    I guess I have been duped. I was told all the Biesemeyers had the same bottom, but a different top. Also, this means those Spitfires shouldnt be out there on the course, as they do not make good circle hulls. Remember when we talked to Ron about them? He said the changes he made were to the cap, he basically ended the recessed area a little sooner and built it up a little higher where it meets with the top, he did not change the bottom.
    One thing Jim Bandelin told me is he prefers having more space inside the boat. There is a significant increase in space between the race deck and long deck, compared to the ski deck.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Remember when we talked to Ron about them? He said the changes he made were to the cap, he basically ended the recessed area a little sooner and built it up a little higher where it meets with the top, he did not change the bottom.
    if you say so chief...

dmontzsta
    if you say so chief...
    Of course each racer adds a little love to the bottoms of their boats, is there ever a perfect set up?
    BTW: Nice hang up tactics, bitch.:shift:

cowboybob
    if you say so chief...
    Fairly sure that Ron and his Dad did not hire Ron Ehde just to change the Cap or Deck of the Boat.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Fairly sure that Ron and his Dad did not hire Ron Ehde just to change the Cap or Deck of the Boat.
    ...this should be good for 3 more pm's from dmontzsta:hammerhea

dmontzsta
    Here we go... this one should be good for 3 more pm's from dmontzsta:hammerhea
    Dont hold your breath waiting for those PMs.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Dont hold your breath waiting for those PMs.
    pm #1 came in record time... :hammerhea

dmontzsta
    pm #1 came in record time... :hammerhea
    Just keeping you on your toes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast