Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B-boat mold

WannabeRacing
    There is a demand for these boats.
    There was a dirty rumor around that I knew where a mold was about a year ago, I had all sorts of people that were asking me to make one for them.
    The ski deck is more desirable to some. Especially the lake guys. Way more width in the driver compartment. Would fit seats and people way better than the standard. The back of the driver compartment comes back closer to the transome as well. More room to get into the steering gear or to put tanks and stuff. Lots more options.
    I really don't know about the bottoms, but our ski deck must have been heavily altered, because the bottom of it is the same as our 77' and so similar to the original mold it is slightly sick.

dmontzsta
    There is a demand for these boats.
    There was a dirty rumor around that I knew where a mold was about a year ago, I had all sorts of people that were asking me to make one for them.
    The ski deck is more desirable to some. Especially the lake guys. Way more width in the driver compartment. Would fit seats and people way better than the standard. The back of the driver compartment comes back closer to the transome as well. More room to get into the steering gear or to put tanks and stuff. Lots more options.
    I really don't know about the bottoms, but our ski deck must have been heavily altered, because the bottom of it is the same as our 77' and so similar to the original mold it is slightly sick.
    This is a interesting thread, I guess we just need to look and compare the bottoms. I am waiting for Rankin to step in, I am sure he has some knowledge about it.

biesemeyer34
    I have one of each, 74, small 1980, and a 76 ski deck and they all look the same! Rocker? who knows for sure? Dont pm me either!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I have one of each, 74, small 1980, and a 76 ski deck and they all look the same! Rocker? who knows for sure? Dont pm me either!
    Wow, a show off and a grouch...:crossx:

circleboatKIDD

biesemeyer34
    Ron Bolton had one hard running "Ski Deck" when he ran but I'll bet highly modified bottom. All the first place finishers have modified bottoms, "blueprinted" is the word. Lance Faulkner told me he was constantly modifying the bottom. Jimmy D.

Wildchild80
    Fairly sure that Ron and his Dad did not hire Ron Ehde just to change the Cap or Deck of the Boat.
    Ron Ehde added two strakes to the spitfire. He used Ron's Beismeyer as the plug. The Spitfire has about half the rocker as a beismeyer or revenge. I won't SPAM here but I will build a boat, just give me a call

Parks Jones
    Hey circle boat kidd I see your boat is for sell but no phone number to call. If you have it call me i would be intrested in it. Thanks Parks 704-361-1523 Carolina Marine.

dmontzsta
    If/When I am in the market for a new hull. I would go to Rankin for sure, the proof is in the performance.

Ex PSI Canyon
    I'm sure driving had nothing to do with it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast