Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the moto guys

HatenWinter
    Im looking for a Chevy 2500 crew cab 4x4 Duramax. Is there any way dirt bikes can fit in a short bed without having the tailgate down. Im assuming not but it's way easier to find what I'm looking for in the short bed version. Thanks for any input!

Jordy
    You might be able to put one in with the tailgate up if you put it in diagonally. Going straight in, no way. I had to hunt high and low to find my long bed. By the time I put a tool box in it, it's back to a short bed. I've got a short bed company truck and with the fuel tank and tool box, I've got less than 3' of bed left. Just about worthless. :hammer2:

Hustler
    You can fit one bike in there with tailgate up but not two. You need a bed extender.
    Some thing like this
    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/im...edextender.jpg

HatenWinter
    That's pretty much what I thought. I can't use a bed extender because I'll be towing a trailer behind it. Thanks for the info! The search continues.....

dumbandyoung
    Im looking for a Chevy 2500 crew cab 4x4 Duramax. Is there any way dirt bikes can fit in a short bed without having the tailgate down. Im assuming not but it's way easier to find what I'm looking for in the short bed version. Thanks for any input!
    I have a f250 short bed.. i fit 2 bikes with gate up.. heres how.. i put on all the way on the right... or left..as far as it can go. then i put the 2nd bike as close as i can to the 1st. then i swing the back tires all the way over to the other side.. and walla the gate closes

HatenWinter
    I have a f250 short bed.. i fit 2 bikes with gate up.. heres how.. i put on all the way on the right... or left..as far as it can go. then i put the 2nd bike as close as i can to the 1st. then i swing the back tires all the way over to the other side.. and walla the gate closes
    So you're fitting two full sized dirt bikes in the short bed diagonally? Is it hard to do? Would you happen to have any pictures? I could get exactly what I want in a short bed no problem, the long bed will be tough to find.

dumbandyoung
    i dont have any pics .. ive only done it once so far. it was an easy fit. i still had room for gearbags/icechests. i dont know if the chevy bed is the same though. why dont you just get the long bed? i kinda wish i would have...oh and the bikes were two 450s.. so i guess u could say fullsize

HatenWinter
    I'm looking for a long bed but since I'm buying used and looking for a particlular color and lift, etc. they are pretty rare. I found probably 10 that I liked alot but they were the short bed versions. I just need to be patient I guess!

dumbandyoung
    yah theres more and more diesels going for sale.. alot of guys cant take the high payments and high gas.. just keep your eye out.. cars.com is good

Hustler
    If your towing a trailer you could either remove the tailgate or what I have done before was pull the tailgate up against the rear tires of the bike with a tie down from the pegs to the tailgate. That should give plenty of room for the trailer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast