Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: up and down pedals

Craig
    OK, I've always been a v-drive fan, but have only rode in one, a Sanger Hydro, what a ride Anyway the pedals and "lock out", overide etc??? I see that the one pedal controls the cavitation plate by pushing it down. I assume to get on plane or nose it down in rough water, but why do you need a second pedal for up? What's the function of the handle, does it just lock the plate in position?
    Craig

Moneypitt
    Craig, The systems will vary, as will the opinions of how they work best, but the way I see it...The handle, locks the plate in the optimum position for a properly trimed ride. The down pedal..will slow the boat down by droping the hull deeper in the water, acting sorta like a brake at the same time, allowing better control thru the turns,(as in circle racing flats), and the up pedal..After setting the handle for the conditions of the water etc. the plate is held up by the spring tension on the control arm link, (long one from the handle/pedals to the back), But the down pedal must be able to overcome the spring to lower the plate, as a result, some conditions will suck the plate down when you don't want it down, So the UP pedal allows the driver to raise the plate away from this unwanted suction. Once the boat is truly set up with the correct spring pressure, meaning enough to keep the plate up, but still allow the driver to overcome the spring (without having weight lifter thighs and calfs) to lower the plate when it is needed.. I'm sure others here can explain it better, but that's my .02 and I hope it answered your question...Moneypitt

Moneypitt
    I forgot to mention that the up pedal will also allow the driver to get another "click" on the handle position by taking the tension off the locking mechanism. I hope this explanation doesn't leave the impression this is a simple, easy to set up system, it's NOT! Every boat is different, (even twin, same brand hulls), and it takes an experienced operator to get it right, usually the difference between the winner and the first loser, (2nd place)....Moneypitt

Down pedal, good....up pedal, bad

Craig:
    OK, I've always been a v-drive fan, but have only rode in one, a Sanger Hydro, what a ride Anyway the pedals and "lock out", overide etc??? I see that the one pedal controls the cavitation plate by pushing it down. I assume to get on plane or nose it down in rough water, but why do you need a second pedal for up? What's the function of the handle, does it just lock the plate in position?
    Craig Hydros have plates? jawdrop

Moneypitt
    Down pedal good?????????? The "good" pedal is on the right, louder, louder!!

ACCEPTENCE
    058:
    Down pedal, good....up pedal, bad Hummm??? I always found the up pedel to be good
    Especialy when attaining "Big Air" and shooting for the stars wink .

GofastRacer
    058:
    Down pedal, good....up pedal, bad I use up pedal but I have a circle boat!.

Ratacole
    ACCEPTENCE:
    058:
    Down pedal, good....up pedal, bad Hummm??? I always found the up pedel to be good
    Especialy when attaining "Big Air" and shooting for the stars wink . Hummmmm, Acceptence, that name sounds soooooo familier. Wonder what ever happened to him

RaysonRat
    so guys would my 70 rayson craft 18 lp benifit from an up pedal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast