Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Did Your Marriage Grenade?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Today marks 9 months of success married to Alice.
    She doesn't give guys that hit on her the time of day. Not even eye contact.
    A whole new definition of cold.
    Thoughts were straining through my pea size brain of when the last marriage exploded.
    I was serving Chili at the Amgen charity chili cookoff.
    A very attractive girl and her mother walked up to me and asked if I was Loris (my ex) husband?
    I said yes.
    She then told me my wife was doing her husband, it's been going on for several years she suspected.
    I asked the soon-to-be-ex about it that evening, she initally denied it, but then indicated it went down.
    I wasn't surprised, not the first time with her,, and we decided to split at that point.
    Amicable, we divided the wheelbarrows full of Amgen stock where she took the lions share, I bought her out of my pension,,, bought myself a new house in Simi,, good to go.
    I was listening to Mark and Brian, and women were REGRETFULLY calling in crying with lame reasons why they divorced.
    Stuff like: " He never helped me carry in the groceries." A gripe against a ex-husband that worked and pulled a check in a 12 hr day in a mind gruelling machine shop,, and was beat when he came home and collapsed with a beer and the tube.
    At what point did you, or the both of you realize it was really over?
    Was it a lame reason or reasons?

Jbb
    Got Brown all liquored up in a dive in Tijuana once....He told us his first?....or second marriage ended within the first month or so.......When he finally realized ...she was a dude..... ....Best part of the story.......he married He/She .....a second time....I think infidelity killed it that time....

Warlockjer
    With my first wife it exploded when we said I DO. After almost 20 years the second is still going pretty strong. The best thing about the first was the two beautiful girls we had......

Kilrtoy
    When I found HB........
    Seriously I hope that day never comes.......
    I dont think it will, but you never know

Sleek-Jet
    Got Brown all liquored up in a dive in Tijuana once....He told us his first?....or second marriage ended within the first month or so.......When he finally realized ...she was a dude..... ....Best part of the story.......he married He/She .....a second time....I think infidelity killed it that time....
    He still seems confused as to why his third wife has an 8 inch clitoris and only likes anal sex...
    ... but he seems happy, maybe this one will last...

Dan Lorenze
    Good question TPC... I too am recently married (wife works and Amgen too). As much as I want to just sail through my marriage, my wife reminds me that we can't lose the closeness that we have and always work on our marriage on a day to day basis.. I feel that once you get complacent and stop working on the marriage, it's the beginning of the end. So, it takes work and once you stop working on it you're done. As much as my wife gets on me for me going away on Motorcycle trips and riding on the weekend, I'm happy she at least cares enough to miss me, I would be terrible for the marriage if she didn't care at all.. Bottom line, like everything in life, it's all what you put into it..
    Be good..

Cas
    when I found out my ex put me $40,000.00 in credit card debt, another $20,000.00 with IRS, forged my signature on my business checks and stole $6,000.00, emptied my money market account, got caught for theft, fraud and embezzlement at her part time job......so no, it's not always cheaper to keep her
    but I got the kids

Not So Fast
    This coming Oct will make 40 years:2purples: I keep waiting for the date to end and her to go home but no luck J/K. Our young'uns tell us that it is refreshing and unusual to see this in todays times. Truthfully, I wouldnt know what to do with out her NSF

a catered life
    mine was doomed from the time she walked into the church and i said "i do"....our problem was three fold.....first we never learned how to talk to each other...we fixed most of our problems between the sheets, i'll not complaining, we have 4 awesome kids between us but we put bandades on big problems and they just grew and exploded in our faces....second she never left her moms house..she tooks all of our problems to her parents house and that made it hard for me to be comfortable around them because she always made me look like the bad guy because they only heard one side of many false stories....and third was the dreams or lack of...she was happy living in a small house with one car..she never displayed dreams of owning big shiat, taking expensive vacations and have toys...i always wanted to show my kids the life i didnt see.... this makes me mad to even think of it

riverbound
    Today marks 9 months of success married to Alice.
    She doesn't give guys that hit on her the time of day. Not even eye contact.
    A whole new definition of cold.
    Thoughts were straining through my pea size brain of when the last marriage exploded.
    I was serving Chili at the Amgen charity chili cookoff.
    A very attractive girl and her mother walked up to me and asked if I was Loris (my ex) husband?
    I said yes.
    She then told me my wife was doing her husband, it's been going on for several years she suspected.
    I asked the soon-to-be-ex about it that evening, she initally denied it, but then indicated it went down.
    I wasn't surprised, not the first time with her,, and we decided to split at that point.
    Ammicable, we divided the wheelbarrows full of Amgen stock where she took the lions share, I bought her out of my pension,,, bought myself a new house in Simi,, good to go.
    I was listening to Mark and Brian, and women were REGRETFULLY calling in crying with lame reasons why they divorced.
    Stuff like " he never helped me carry in the groceries." A gripe against a ex husband that worked a 12 hr day in a mind gruelling machine shop,, and was beat when he came home and collapsed with a beer and the tube.
    At what point did you, or the both of you realize it was really over?
    Was it a lame reason or reasons?
    Same reason as yours.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast