Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Did Your Marriage Grenade?

Jyruiz
    This coming Oct will make 40 years:2purples: I keep waiting for the date to end and her to go home but no luck J/K. Our young'uns tell us that it is refreshing and unusual to see this in todays times. Truthfully, I wouldnt know what to do with out her NSF
    Congrats, you really have something special going there. I hope my wife and I stay together just as long, or longer.

Ziggy
    My first marraige long ago went south the moment she got hooked up with "friends" that fed her the drug that makes you stay awake all night. Reports of infidelity from some co-workers, obsurd demands by her and gone all night took its toll. I'd work all day while she slept and cared for our child ....and when I came home she'd bail and snort the night away til it was time for me to go to work the next morning. Ironically, her drug buddies suggested she file for divorce as a tool to manipulate me into giving in to her obsurd demands. Just a very unreasonable woman she became, not the person I'd known years prior.
    Adios Biatch, I was sad but relieved all in one.....as they say, a blessing in disguise.
    To this day she has not cleaned herself up, is missing out at growing with her grandsons smiles and giggles.
    Now I have the greatest bride in the world, 17 yrs married and 20 together............and I still find myself checking her out on a daily basis

wsuwrhr
    Sad
    My first marraige long ago went south the moment she got hooked up with "friends" that fed her the drug that makes you stay awake all night. Reports of infidelity from some co-workers, obsurd demands by her and gone all night took its toll. I'd work all day while she slept and cared for our child ....and when I came home she'd bail and snort the night away til it was time for me to go to work the next morning. Ironically, her drug buddies suggested she file for divorce as a tool to manipulate me into giving in to her obsurd demands. Just a very unreasonable woman she became, not the person I'd known years prior.
    Adios Biatch, I was sad but relieved all in one.....as they say, a blessing in disguise.
    To this day she has not cleaned herself up, is missing out at growing with her grandsons smiles and giggles.

lucky
    Today marks 9 months of success married to Alice.
    She doesn't give guys that hit on her the time of day. Not even eye contact.
    A whole new definition of cold.
    Thoughts were straining through my pea size brain of when the last marriage exploded.
    I was serving Chili at the Amgen charity chili cookoff.
    A very attractive girl and her mother walked up to me and asked if I was Loris (my ex) husband?
    I said yes.
    She then told me my wife was doing her husband, it's been going on for several years she suspected.
    I asked the soon-to-be-ex about it that evening, she initally denied it, but then indicated it went down.
    I wasn't surprised, not the first time with her,, and we decided to split at that point.
    Ammicable, we divided the wheelbarrows full of Amgen stock where she took the lions share, I bought her out of my pension,,, bought myself a new house in Simi,, good to go.
    I was listening to Mark and Brian, and women were REGRETFULLY calling in crying with lame reasons why they divorced.
    Stuff like " he never helped me carry in the groceries." A gripe against a ex husband that worked a 12 hr day in a mind gruelling machine shop,, and was beat when he came home and collapsed with a beer and the tube.
    At what point did you, or the both of you realize it was really over?
    Was it a lame reason or reasons?
    first marriage - was after her xmas party - I stayed with her after the party until 145.am then i Was out and had to go!!!! , she did not want to and i had no reason not to trust her ( this is before our daughter turned 3) well - the next week ( dec22 ) My daughters birthday - she told me she did a guy she worked with in his v.w vanagon and that she did not know how she felt about him .At the time he was 10 years older than her and on his third marriage - - It was Over at that point for me she crushed me - but We stayed together and 4 years later and it seemed like we where doing ok and building our relationship over again. Then another work affair, business trip to vegas - called here at 1a'm no awnser in her room , i knew ! I neve said anything !Three weeks later she gave me a bullshit story about needing space and some time alone , so she asked me and my daughter to leave the house for a few days . Like i said i knew - so i left with my daughter - came home the next day ( i was suppose to come home three days later ) she was gone ! She went to New york to spend some time with a 50 year old man -- she told me when she got home - kicked her out, filed and never looked back! - my motto at that time was cheat on me once shame on me - cheat on me twice === shame on you --- she has daddy issues i think as she is living with a 49 year old fork lift driver -- Karma :0 )_ second wife was a mistake. - i knew it and we knew we where different after our second year of marriage - - she left after we build her credit back up after she filed chapt 13 -- so thats my story my motto now - find em feel em fock em and forget em ( joke ) lol

Tremor Therapy
    I was doing some spring cleaning and found some love letters in a suitcase. I confronted her about them, and she said she wasn't doing anything with him, but didn't know how to tell me my good friend was hitting on her. So I confronted him at work, and told him to get lost.
    A month later I came home early from a desert trip ( I was sick) and unfortunately it confirmed my suspicions. I packed some clothes and bailed that very night. I have never looked back, and although we still live in the same town, about 3 miles from one another, I have not even spoken to her in 18 years. No animosity, just no desire at all. Been with the same woman now for 16 years, married almost 14, and it has been great (for the most part )!

eliminatedsprinter
    when I found out my ex put me $40,000.00 in credit card debt, another $20,000.00 with IRS, forged my signature on my business checks and stole $6,000.00, emptied my money market account, got caught for theft, fraud and embezzlement at her part time job......so no, it's not always cheaper to keep her
    but I got the kids
    Man that is bad. That makes cheating between the sheets seem like a minor annoyance.

BALLSDEEP
    Small world, I see a few people know about Amgen, I work there too.

ahhell
    Only one marriage here and its going on 22 years, not all trouble free, but whos marriage is?
    and like was said earlier, you gotta work at it and not get complacent (sp)

wright27
    Six years into the marriage and 11 years into the relationship. We grew apart. For the last 4 years or so of the marriage she worked nights and I worked days. Even when we were home together I would be in one room and she would be in the other, sometimes watching the same tv program on two different tv's. Got bored, fell out of love with each other and went our seperate ways.
    We have two amazing children, and now get along ok.
    Now I am remarried and crowed the shit out of my wife hoping we never have the samething happen.

TeamGreene
    Hasn't and with some luck and attention to the small things it will go for another 18 years:rollside:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast