Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who know's this boat?

Kindsvater Flat
    A buddy just got this boat back from the paint shop and I was curious if any knew the history of it. It belonged to Wally Albright. The boat name was "Duel in the Sun".

BigBoyToys
    Yes, I knew Wally and his family well. Wally passed away a few years ago though. That is a Rogers Hull that he held the Comp Jet world record with. The engine that he used is also available and is sitting at Rex Hutchinson Racing Engines in Sacramento. After running that boat for a few years, Wally made the transition to Comp Hydro where he ran a boat called "Duel in The Sun II".
    What more info do ya want? I heard that the rogers was sold about 2 or 3 years ago to someone in Colusa....
    [ February 22, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
    And....if the boats for sale again, I may know somebody that's interested
    By the way, Wally was from my town here. Although he is no longer with us, his family still resides in Woodland and his crew chief does also.

Kindsvater Flat
    The motor was sitting at Rex's. It sold a while ago and is in someones ski boat. The boat belongs to a good friend. It was recently repainted and is getting a new motor shortly from his other boat. He has been talking seriously about racing it.
    Here is the motor thats going in it.

And here is what it looks like now.

BigBoyToys
    It might just make a good race boat.....
    I'll be looking for it at the races.

Sangster
    I didn't know there were so many jetboat /circleboats .....do they run with the v-drives or in their own deal.....

BigBoyToys
    What? LOL
    Wallys boat was a drag boat. Ran back in the old days probably 20 years ago.... I remember Norm Grimes (Dash for Cash) and Wally shooting it out many times for the top honors in the Comp Jet class. Ahhh yes, those were the days..... Red Bluff 3 times a year (Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, Labor Day weekend), Oakland, Oroville, Clear Lake, Chowchilla, etc. There usedta actually be lotsa races in NorCal.....

BigBoyToys
    Sangster:
    I didn't know there were so many jetboat /circleboats .....do they run with the v-drives or in their own deal..... Sangster, we ran a Jet Circle boat back in the late '70's to Mid '80's, mostly with APBA. There used to be a good turnout back then....5-10 boats per class, but that ended up going down every year until they were no more. We hung it up when we were the only Jet showing up....
    We always ran Jet on Jet. We ran in the Ski Jet, Comp Jet, and K Jet (Blown) classes...depending on the race and number of boats that showed in the respective classes. V-drives were their own deal. I remember watching the SS boats run when I was 16 and saying that I was gonna do that someday. Dream fulfilled.

GofastRacer
    Hey, BBT, did you run circles with NJBA back in the 80's at Parker??..

BigBoyToys
    In the '70's we ran NJBA at Parker....Yes
    In the '80's it was primarily APBA only. We ran a Jet Boat Called "Banana Split" number was 747 (with NJBA,AJBA) and 748 (APBA)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast